or Connect

Posts by Belia

1. My appetite and the "normal" taste in my mouth after I eat. 2. A non-pain-filled pelvis 3.  Feeling like a good mom to my 3 YO DS.  I'm so tired and uncomfortable and in varying degrees of nausea all the time.  I feel bad telling him "no" constantly when he wants me to play with him.
Thanks for all of the replies, ladies.  It has been very helpful!   No, I didn't use EB for newborn.  I used pampers for a while until the guilt got to me.    I mean, I know I'm not a cloth girl, gDiapers were too complicated, but I couldn't stand going the straight huggies-pampers route.  I needed something a SMIDGE more crunchy.
I'm not due until July, but the diapers I like to use (Earth's Best) are on major sale right now at BRU and I want to stock up.   I don't know how many packages to buy of each size!  Today I bought:   2 Newborn packs 4 Size 1 4 Size 2   I'd like to go out for another round.  Will I need more Newborn size?  Or do babies outgrow them too fast to be worth it?  I honestly have NO MEMORY of how long DS was in each size!     P.S.  I'm worried about the...
.... and I just decided this week that its time to break out the maternity clothes.   OMG WHAT WAS I WAITING FOR?!?!?  They are soooooo much more comfortable!   Stretch = good.         That's all!  Hope everyone else is hanging in there.
Hi everybody-   Thanks for celebrating the opening of the envelope with us!  I know I'm TOTALLY biased but I thought DS was completely adorable, myself.  I couldn't have planned that reaction if I tried.     So, yes!  Another boy!  DH didn't really care one way or another, but I am happy.   I've spent the past 2 weeks trying to clear out the guest room so that Colin can move over there and I can get the nursery ready for a new LO.  It's been slow going,...
I would leave it alone.  She knows smoking is bad for baby- she's just making excuses to justify it to herself for whatever reason.  She's an adult and can decide for herself.   You may not like it, but it's none of your business.   Signed, The pregnant mama who drinks a diet coke every.day. and refuses to feel bad about it.
Oooo.. oooo... oooo.... Good points, Maedze.  I just skimmed through your post and will read and digest better later, but I wanted to answer some of your questions.   First, the current seat IS the Complete Air.  I am positive about the 50 lb limit, because we still have the original box and we checked it carefully about a week ago.  Sorry about the mix-up, but I do have some time.   The car(s) it will go into are a Mitsubishi Outlander SUV.  (We'll also need one...
This question might be the same as AngelaM's question downthread... apologies in advance if it is.   DS is 3 3/4 years old.    He is 44-ish pounds and 42 inches tall.   He's currently in a Safety First Air Protect, which has a weight limit of 50 pounds and a height limit of 45 inches.       Where should he go next?  We have a new LO due in July who's going to be in a Chicco Keyfit 30.  Space isn't a huge consideration, but money definitely...
We had a short list when I went into labor and I didn't worry about it too much, but once he was born I kind of freaked out about the name.  I mean, choosing someone's name?!?!?  All of a sudden that seemed like such a HUGE deal!  It was going to be with him FOREVER!  Often the first thing that someone would know about him!  What if I screwed it up?!?!?   Naming a PERSON is such a huge responsibility.  So we waited a few days (DS was in the NICU so we had some time) and...
This probably sounds like a really dumb question, eh??     But seriously, I don't really know where to start.  We know the sex- should I just read a baby name book cover-to-cover and write down names that strike me?  That sounds really overwhelming.  I've browsed through the SS list, but that didn't feel productive.  Like, I kept reading the same thing over and over without digesting anything.   I do have one name stuck in my head.  Is that it?  Should I just go...