or Connect

Posts by Angela512

I would definitely find someone else to hire for Fridays. You cannot make her help herself and you "hiring" her isn't going to make her responsible or pay her bills. I had a friend like this and I did everything I could to help her (even balancing her budget, hiring her for some work, etc). She still spent like the banks had no limits and found herself in bankruptcy with almost $100,000 in credit card debt. The sad thing? 2 years after she was discharged from her...
Quote: Originally Posted by caned & able Not meaning to disparage your friends, but these same women are the ones who often line up for drugs inhaled, intravenous, injected into their spines, and other procedures during labor that have no science-based evidence to prove their efficacy nor their safety nor any long term studies to prove any long term damage. When a doctor recommends rhogam, a flu shot, or a "vitamin pill", common sense and personal...
I've never gotten a flu shot...especially when you read the vax inserts and they all specifically state that it is untested and has unknown results of pg women and fetuses. No way. But, I won't get it even when I'm not pg. I think it's funny they are willing to prescribe drugs that they know what's in them and those substances are proven harmful...but cannot comment on a naturopathic treatment because it's "unproven" by the FDA. Most of the drugs out on the market...
It's a great spring board into research...but I wouldn't take just ONE place to make a decision. I follow links to links to links to studies, etc. It's a great starting point, but by no means the end stop in continuing research.
Quote: Originally Posted by osciamella DH's work also does a flu vax day. He is amused that along with the free flu shot, they also give you a goodie bag filled with cough drops and samples of flu meds. Oh my! LOL Gee...it's probably a hand out for him to give to everyone he knows who DIDN'T get the flu shot and will most assuredly get the flu! LOL
I would consider making a button or shirt for her that says, "I have a power of attorney for health care decisions. You can reach her at 516.555.1212" Just to keep it out in the open. I think you did a great job!!!
^ But you do not need a shot to do that, either. You would still be passing immunities to baby via breastmilk if you are even exposed to anything...even if you do not get sick. And agreed with the above poster. The flu vaxes are a the most "common" flus from years past, but the flu mutates quickly and so they are never "current".
All 3 of my kids are fully unvaxed. No, my in-laws were not happy about that at all. But, I don't make decisions that will make my in-laws happy (my family wasn't thrilled, but they kept their mouths shut, LOL). My response was always, "Thank you for your concern, however after much research my HUSBAND and I have decided that vaxing the kids at this time is not in their best interest." I used the husband stressed, since it was with my in-laws to show that this was a...
Quote: Originally Posted by oceanbaby I have found that people without kids have no idea how much these things mean to children. We have a few flakes in our lives, but they have other great qualities, so rather than write them off completely, I always let my kids know that any plans we have with them are tentative. You don't have to have kids to know that the behavior described in the OP is rude and unacceptable. Someone went out of their...
Nothing more to add here except that I do nothing for my kids (well, besides nutrition, proper sleep, no harsh chemicals, etc).