or Connect

Posts by mm1

Hi everyone, DD and I have the iBert bicycle seat (http://www.ibertinc.com/) and we had a fun time bicycling last summer. As we get ready for this summer, I'd love to read her some books that feature toddlers riding on the back (or front) of their parent's bicycles. I did a google search and an Amazon search, but all the books I could find feature older children learning how to ride a bike, as opposed to riding along on their parents bikes. Any suggestions welcome! (And...
Thanks, everybody, for your thoughts! Interesting about the issue of having the baby's head in or out of the jacket. All four of the most recent posts say they have the head out, if I understand correctly. We use a babyhawk carrier-- we have a few but that's the one that she seems to like most. The combination of her small size and my height (6' 3") means that to leave her head out would mean leaving my jacket unzipped half way down my chest. That would be fine, but...
Hi! Thanks for your greetings and your thoughts! Quote: Originally Posted by Arwyn I have a couple thoughts - one is that babies are more OK with being cold than we give them credit for, and that it's super warm and snuggly being tied on to a parent anyway. Yes, I definitely got that impression. We took her hat off, and figured she was plenty warm. I worried a little bit about her feet (cold air from the bottom) and the top of the head...
Cross-posted to "Life with a babe" forum. I didn't realize there was an actual baby wearing forum as well -- very cool! Hi! I'm a Dad so I hope it's ok that I'm posting, but I was asking my partner about this and she said "You should post to MDC!" So here I am :-) Our daughter, age 1 month, likes to be worn. I like getting exercise and getting her outdoors, and she seems to be plenty warm if I'm wearing her in the carrier and then I zip my jacket over her. My...
Hi! I'm a Dad so I hope it's ok that I'm posting, but I was asking my partner about this and she said "You should post to MDC!" So here I am :-) Our daughter, age 1 month, likes to be worn. I like getting exercise and getting her outdoors, and she seems to be plenty warm if I'm wearing her in the carrier and then I zip my jacket over her. My concern is about suffocation -- if I put scarf at top to to prevent a draft on her, it seems like the air that can get in there...