or Connect

Posts by Phoenix~Mama

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time with "he's serious about you."  If he was very serious about a long term commitment to you he would have never said he's only dating you, not your son.  You're a package deal.   I dated a single bachelor 2 years ago and he was "serious" about me too.  He even did bond with my kids.  But he was totally freaked out to be left alone with them, and eventually it hit him that he simply was not in a place in his life to take on...
You are so amazing and have come so far, BB.  What a gift your ex gave you.  It's always amazing to me to be able to look back and think, "Wow, I made it through that!  I can do anything!"  I see the same happen in so many of us single moms.  The growth that has happened to all of us truly is inspiring.  <3  
I have a friend who is looking for care for her pregnancy in the Pocono area... It's looking like Pocono Medical is not the place to go.   I do know of a newer midwife practice in Lehighton that delivers at St. Luke's Bethlehem... but I have not heard any experiences with this practice yet.  Anyone?  
Thagirl,  I work full time and the most I've managed thus far is two online classes in one semester.  I've sort of been in a perpetual sate of stress since mid-terms.  lol  My goal is to eventually go full time once I get into the nursing program.  Working on pre-reqs right now.   I took Intro to Psych two semesters ago and am currently taking Intro to Ethics.   Next semester I'm on campus for chemistry/lab.  
I had given thought to this same question for a couple of years, but just recently began actually pursuing.  I am currently working on classes to become an RN to go for CNM.  My thought process is very similiar to the poster above as well and I'm also working on doula training and I plan on doing the EMT course.  I'm also hoping to shadow some of the HB midwives in my area at some point.   I chose CNM because my big end goal is to open a birth center.  My area...
Honestly, I don't know how I'd do it if I didn't have a flexible job where I can do my online class discussions during work.  I'd be doing more on the weekends, and likely having to get a sitter now and then as my kids often do not nap on the weekends.   I manage to get the bulk of my school work done during my lunch hours at my full time job.  This is majorly helpful.  But still as one person, and juggling it all, we eat out more than I'd like and often have quick...
I have seen both Business of Being Born and More Business of Being Born.  I actually own MBBB.  I want to get the first one too.  The first video in the MBBB set makes me cry every time.  Very powerful and highly recommended.  
Oh, honey I so hear you!  I have been regularly excercising for a year and I keep wondering when that "energy" is going to kick in.  lol  Every couple of weeks I definitely feel like I just need one weekend where I can just sleep.  It never usually happens, because when I do get down time I'm usually trying to cram a billion other things into that time.  lol  I just keep going... I started drinking coffee again.  I think my body actually prefers me to not drink it so...
I moved in with my parents over 2 years ago when I left my abusive husband.  It's not the ideal situation, but the only choice I had then and have at the moment.  My parents and I have different values and we bump heads a lot.  They also love to undermine my parenting choices and are overall not very supportive.  But I simply do not make enough money to get my own place, nor do I qualify for housing assistance, so rather than be homeless, here I am.    They do help...
I think it depends on the child.   I can't really foresee having a 4 year old in more than one activity, but mostly because of my own schedule and my own child's schedule of full time daycare/pre-school plus the one activity.  Any more than that and we'd always be on the go which just isn't our personality.  But some people are awesome at being on the go all the time and are wired for that.  So it just depends on what feels like the best fit for you and yours I think.