or Connect

Posts by Phoenix~Mama

Hi!   I'm starting my nursing pre-reqs in two weeks. I would really like to pursue being a nuse-midwife.  I was going back and forth for a bit between CPM and CNM, but I'm pretty sure I want to pursue CNM because I am hoping to be able to do more good advocating for women birthing in the hospital.   It's a long road ahead, but I think I've finally found my calling in life.  :D  
It sounds like your son is doing really great!!  :D  That's awesome!   My son was born at 33 weeks due to severe pre-e & HELLP.  He spent a month in the NICU.  I didn't have a husband and had to handle the whole NICU thing on my own.  (I left my abusive ex early 2nd tri).  My parents took care of my DD for me so I could be at the NICU as much as possible.   I remember being really frustarted about the feeding and how it seemed the nurses would jump to tube...
I had a term and a preemie, and my preemie was actually almost as big as my term.  lol   I would not stress over the percentiles, and not look at them at all anyway.  They mean nothing.  Everyone has to fill out a spot on the percentile, because obviously we can't all be at 80%.  ;-)   As long as she keeps gaining, that is the important part.  My DD who was full term has always been petite, and at 3.5, she still is.  She wasn't even on the growth charts...
Thank you everyone!  I will pass this info along to my friend.  :D  
I would check with your lawyer what standard visitation is in your particular state/county.   Where I live the major holidays actually are split in half at noon and switch every other year for who gets the morning vs afternoon.  Ex and I don't actually follow that because we feel it's too much for a kid to split a day like that, and we switch the whole day every other year (at least that is how it's supposed to go, but since ex can't get his life together he hasn't...
I have to totally agree about judging someone's past.  There is a difference of having some blemishes on one's past by making mistakes, such as two divorces, but the key thing is seeing how a person acts today, do their actions match their words?  We all make mistakes and grow.  But there is a big difference from someone making a mistake vs someone being an abuser... So this is a hard thing for me, because there are some pasts that need to be taken into consideration......
No thanks is typically the best answer, and if they aren't mature enough to respect that and walk away.  Um, run!  lol  Obviously they aren't right in the head and have anger issues, etc.   You have every right to turn down a date, and don't ever let anyone make you feel otherwise.  
*hugs*   It will be okay, as you already know.   I actually never had those thoughts with my own UAV ex, but I know others have had similiar feelings to what you have.   The thing is most people do not change.  If the realtioship seems good on the surface for the parts you see, you can bet that behind closed doors all the same problems you had with him will be there.  You can't dwell on this sort of thing.  It prevents you from having your own happiness. ...
Hi!  My friend's sister is newly pregnant and they have asked me to help them with gathering information.  I don't want to push views on her, but just equip her with as much good info for her to make her own choices.   I'd like to hear from locals of the birth climate in general in the Providence area.  What are good hospital choices?  Any care provider recommendations?  Doulas?  Is there a free standing brith center that is close?  How is the state with homebirth...
I have to ditto MamaJen and Alenushka.  I've been out of my abusive marriage for over two years now and I want you to know you will get through this.  Things will be figured out.  I always came up with reasons why things may not too, but the stronger you get and more confident in yourself you get once you are further removed from the abuse, you will find more and more that you CAN do.  :-)   There are also schools that have family housing and some schools even have...