or Connect

Posts by Phoenix~Mama

Found this on some of my searching today. How awesome and progressive is this that some schools offer a special help program for single moms?!  FAR too few on this list... but it's a start, right?   http://www.singleparentcollegeprograms.org/programs.htm
Where does one begin to research what kind of aide they could qualify for? Start at the school you are attending?
I'm researching some options and I'd really love any advice/knowledge from people who make it work by being full time students. Did you get a lot of grants? How do you cover all of your COL? Do you have your own apartment? Does your school have family housing?     I guess, where does one start to research if this is a viable option?
Nothing will make the situation better but being away from it and giving yourself space and time to heal. *hugs*   I had my only romantic relationship since my divorce end 9 months ago. It's hard. But something better is out there for you.
Is he on medication?     I'm so sorry Mama. *hugs*  It really sucks when a relationship ends, especially one with kids.   I say this as gently as possible, but from an outsider view, it does appear that he was using you, and you deserve SO MUCH more than that. So does your son.   It will be hard. I won't lie about that... but you will get through this and you will be stronger and when the time is right, you will meet someone who treats you amazing and who...
This... I hate my ex. He treats me horribly. He isn't the most stellar father and he yells and is more strict than anyone on MDC would like, but he is not abusing the kids. And they love him, for better or worse, he is their Dad.   Currently I'm seeing a lot more negative side effects on him not being around than when he is around.   Hilly, I've tried guilt, I've tried to be accomodating and offer switching days instead of him just out right cancelling. I call him and...
How do you combat this? Or help your child to not feel abandoned? My DD is very loved and has me and her grandparents in our home to love her, play with her, tend to her needs etc... yet, it seems she is starting to really struggle and question why her Dad isn't around more and if he loves her... This is breaking my heart.  One example is what happened this morning.     DD was going on and on about make-up and wanting to use all of mine.  I told her I'd buy her...
Mama guilt is the worse. Some days are good with letting it go, some are hard. I combat it by all the suggestions that have been listed here already. And I can say one thing that helps is I do notice a vast difference in myself and my patience level and mothering overall when I get some me time in a week vs the weeks I do not. I get burned out very quickly and I need that bit of re-charge time every week, but that doesn't always happen. Guilt is a horrible thing that...
Your story is so sad. :-(   My heart and prayers are with your children.  
Curious how you balance it all. :-) Looking for tips and advice.   I currently live with my parents and a big bonus to that is, Mom generally cooks dinner the night before so there are leftovers ready to be heated up by time the kids and I get home from work/daycare. There definitely is not much time after work to put together anything extravagant. I know of some ideas, like prepping the night before. Doing some bigger meals on the weekend to last into the week.   By...