or Connect

Posts by Phoenix~Mama

"Why Does He Do That?" helped me a lot too to let go of the walking on eggshells bit.   It does get easier over time... and the more you do for yourself and build yourself up, and just reclaim yourself, it gets much much easier.   If EX gets verbally abusive, I simply hang up the phone. I let it go to voicemail, or text. Disengaging is some of the best advice I received here, it takes time to find the strength to do it. I know the anxious/cringe/waiting for the...
This is the first time I'm admitting this outside of my very close small circle of friends... but recently I was hit with baby fever... it's not overwhelming like it was before I had DD, but it's a thought in the back of my mind that maybe I'm meant to have one more. The catch is, my tubes are tied, and I don't have a SO. lol  I've really been regretting getting the tubal recently. I'm 30... I feel like I have at least 5-6 years to work with comfortably, for me to have...
You are doing amazing! *hugs* You have so much strength. And what all the other wise ladies have already said... YOU did not rip up the family... HE DID with his poor choices. It is normal to feel that way though. But what others have said too, you are giving your children the best life lesson possible about boundaries and respect. Staying in a broken marriage for the kids does not usually help the kids, especially when all they see is a poor example of what marriage is,...
I know of a few friends of mine who use their C/S and alimony as income for loans and mortgages.
I left my EX when I was pregnant with DS, so visitation with him started pretty early on. DS started overnights with him when he was only 3 months old. But the situation is unique in that DS was a preemie and spent his first month away from me to begin with in the NICU. DS has a very easy going and adaptable personality, I think in part because of how his life started. He is such a mellow baby and he just goes with the flow.  The visitation schedule was EOW, Friday night...
I'm pretty sure I mentioned Adele before... but seriously, her lyrics are so powerful.   Her newest song needs to be added, "Set Fire to the Rain"
I saw this article today and it really made me sad.  http://www.mamapedia.com/voices/a-tale-of-divorce-that-is-really-a-love-story   I thought a discussion would be interesting to have. This sounds like so much love was there, and such a great foundation. It blows my mind that something that sounds so amazing and so loving could become irreparable? It makes me so sad and like there is no hope to a lasting relationship...   Most of my past relationships have been...
Ugh!  It's barely winter yet and already major challenging with multile illnesses.   My Mom just called me YELLING at me that my DS is sick again. She keeps him home from daycare when he is sick with her. She works nights, and this is taxing on her, but she offered to do it because she knows I do not have time to stay home everytime my children are sick. I can lose my job if I call off too much or call off with no PTO time in the bank.   She is yelling at me how...
I am so sorry about your Mom.  *hugs* And about not being able to figure out a way to leave. The trapped feeling is suffocating, and I can totally commiserate.  
Just curious for those of you that have been able to keep your own place without having to move in with your parents or get a room mate...  How do you do it?   I'm banging my head against my budget again...  Maybe some of you have some tips and secrets to share?