or Connect

Posts by Phoenix~Mama

It sounds like your parents are very supportive.   Mine aren't so much and they love to treat me like I'm 12.  I've been here for over a year and a half now.  :-(  And it has not gotten any easier.  But I have no choice, most of my money goes to daycare costs.  If I could be out, I would be.  I envy the people who have a more functional relationship with their parents where they actually treat them at least as an adult and without constant criticism.   I think...
When EX would actually take the kids somewhere (he actually stays at my parents house now with them, long story)... but anyway, this is why I did pick-ups.  I would check to make sure I had every article of clothing I sent before I left, because it would be MIA forever if I didn't get it then.    I also like the idea of trying to get your DD to pack her clothes after a visit.  As she is 5.5, obviously she may not remember everything or all the time, but it could be a...
YES!!!  I function SO MUCH better and am a much better Mama when EX actually takes his full time EOW.  I really, really need that re-charge.  Sadly, he's back to working Friday nights, which means I get 48 hours a month "off".  It's not enough.  I get super snappy.  I should sleep/rest during that time, but it never happens because I need a social life. I work out of the home too, but my work does not give me socialization.  I sit in a little cube with my computer all...
Love this thread!!!  <3   The number one song that got me through my abusive relationship with my kids' Dad, is Defying Gravity from the musical Wicked.  The end of the song can still choke me up.   Recently, it took awhile, and for a couple of months I could only listen for about 10-30 seconds of this one and would have to turn it... now I can get through the whole thing and it helps keep things into persepctive.  Best Thing I Never Had by Beyonce   And my...
I'll be the first to say, I wouldn't care.  *shrugs*   But I was a stepmom first and I get how it can be tricky ground when trying to explain your blended family to someone... it seems no matter what you are stepping on someone's toes.   I'm of the mindset that I know I'm Mom.  I am the bio Mom.  lol  When you own what you are, no one can make you feel badly about it.  :)
  Try gk2gk.com   ;-)   I have a profile there too.  It doesn't seem super active... but you never know.  Worth putting up a profile anyway.  :D  
Dr. Potterjones is a family doctor with Muhlenburg Primary Care and she is very easy going and she is for a delayed vax sechedule, but also stands by the parents decision for selective vax too.  I've been to several docs in the area now and she is the most open minded that I have found so far.  I've also heard good things about Dr. Lisa Caso, I believe her name is, on Rt. 248 in Easton.
Gee... maybe that's how the "terriffic" government came up with lame cut-offs about who needs aide because someone obviously has no clue what childcare costs!!!  :-O   I pay $1300/month for two kids, and that's at the most affordable care prices in the area for my aged kids.  So yeah... Definitely more than $1290/year, considering that is my MONTHLY cost.     WTF is right.
I'm definitely feeling like a failure right now... even though, logically inside I know it's normal 2 year old behavior...   But I just called to check in and the nanny was going on and on, she said, "I just feel like my whole day is refereeing your kids.  I can't even do anything structured because if your DD doesn't want to do it she gets mad and hits or kicks me or her brother.  I don't appreciate coming here everyday to be hit.  She needs to know she can't do...
I am so upset right now.  My nanny just called me saying she has no control over my DD.  That my DD has hit and kicked her today and she is just ready to go home.   Now, to me, tantrums and acting out is normal 2 year old behavior.  And I said this to the nanny and told her to either re-direct DD or put her in time out depending on how "out of control" she is behaving.   She basically told me that my DD is the worse 2 year old she has been around.  I have been...