or Connect

Posts by Phoenix~Mama

Well for me this issue is dormant... *knocks on wood*   I think my ex's Mom finally put her foot down to her husband and refused to add him to the case, because we know it all stemmed from him wanting to cause drama and not her.  We haven't heard anything at all from them in months and I'm hoping it stays that way.  *crosses fingers*  The only way it was going to go to trial was if she re-submitted because she did not show to the conference and the step-dad was never...
I struggle with co-dependency and left an abusive marriage as well... and I knew what EX makes and how much CS he had to pay on his older child from a previous marriage... and I fell into the same trap of feeling bad for him... so I knocked $100 off the recommended monthly support amount.   I regret it all the time.  lol  But I also don't feel like going through the process to get it ammended.  I just do my best to make due. 
Has anyone done this before?  Was it a good experience?  What was your arrangement like?      A single mom friend of mine currently has room mates living in her downstairs (bi-level house), and then they share  the common areas, such as kitchen and bathroom.  They are moving out in the winter and her and I are discussing possibilities for us to become room mates.   I cannot afford to do anything unless I pretty much eliminate childcare.  She does want to do...
This post was beautifully written and far more outlined my thoughts on the matter.   I do empathize with you, Fatherof3.  Having the tables turned on you while you had a plan with your partner... well, it sucks.  Been there, done that.   But you will drive yourself absolutely insane by dwelling on the fact that she changed things.  The fact is she did... and now you are left with a decision on how to move forward... you can never move backward in life... only...
I'll take a stab at this... you likely won't like it... but it's honest.     If I was your wife, I'd be pretty upset too.  So, yes, she changed the plans to move back to where her family base is sooner... Well, I can tell you that pregnancy hormones screw you up.  lol  A woman isn't neccessarily all logic while pregnant.  There is HIGH emotion, and many woman become Mama Bear immediately.   To be honest, if I was your wife and you were putting GROWN ADULT...
Did you tell the school all of the above (single mom, daycare juggling, etc.)... often they are responsive when they know the reasons why. 
It was easier in the sense that I knew we'd get through it.  I was more anxious with DS though, since he was a preemie and had breathing problems and eating problems.  Luckily my Mom changed her sleeping for awhile until I could find a nanny to come to the home to watch him.   But overall, I guess with #2 it was easier.
Bolding is mine... Rubelin said it best.   He is engaged to someone else... I think that is your answer right there about stopping to wait for him.  Don't let anyone control YOUR life.   
    And people honestly wonder why some Mom's get angry and hurt... with statments like that?  Your kids are so much better off because you get to raise them instead of daycare...   Wow, it must be INCREDIBLY NICE AND PRIVILAGED for you to have that as an option.  I guess my kids are just doomed because I'm a single mom and have no choice but to work and put my kids in the care of someone else, huh?!   Statements like that are what cause Mommy Wars... way to go.  
Okay... I didn't even read anything after this post yet....  But really....  "But I don't think we should minimize the importance of life-and-potential-death things like human milk and car seats just so moms who don't feel like using those things won't feel bad."   For some Moms formula feeding, or say not feeding the baby is life or death.  Do you realize how hurtful, rude and damaging statements like that are to Moms who absolutely COULD NOT breastfeed their babies for...