or Connect

Posts by Phoenix~Mama

I wasn't sure wether to put this in Blended or Childhood Years... but decided on Blended, because maybe it's part blended issue? We had our first major jealousy meltdown this weekend. DH had been playing with DSD all day long and had no interaction with the baby at all. He told DSD he was going to play with DD for a little while and DSD FREAKED. Tears, screaming, yelling, "why do you love Kallie? she is a bad baby and doesn't share her toys!" Obviously at 10...
I have shown him the WHO stuff and all of that... he simply doesn't care. His oldest DD was only BF for like 2-3 months and she is fine, so he thinks I should be able to stop at a year old without issue... that's his point. Anything that goes against how him and his ex parented their child I have to contest and it is a big source of stress. He feels that anytime I make a decision that differs from what him and his ex decided with their child, then I'm telling him...
Quote: Originally Posted by Owen'nZoe You know, my husband was kind of the same way with our first. I tried bombarding him with information, and he just ignored me. That just doesn't work with my husband on any issue. If he hasn't found the info himself, there is always something suspect about the source. Yeah that's him... it won't matter what research I present to him. Everytime I do it's usually that I found some biased source and he can...
I'm hoping for some support... maybe anyone who has BTDT? DD will be 10 months tomorrow... and DH has been bringing up more and more often how uncomfortable he is with the idea of me nursing past one year old. He wants me to pump and put it in a cup for her... he says it creeps him out to think of her still nursing at the breast once she is no longer a "baby". That is only 2 months away... and I cannot fathom her love for nursing going down in only two months. She...
I know about all the suffocation hazards, SIDS, etc... But... I always used a blanket anyway. My DD likes the security of a blanket and she quickly grew too tall to swaddle to well.
Quote: Originally Posted by limette I totally agree with this. Dh and I have always been equally involved with the kids. Once when dd1 was a baby he took her out to give me a break and he got the typical weird stares and "are you babysitting". To which he replied "no, i'm parenting" A month ago I took dd1 to the movies and he was waiting for us with dd2. He needed to change her diaper and of course there was no change table in the men's...
My DSD comes out with this sometimes... it generally pops up when she is really wanting to show her indepedence. She often says so and so is using the wrong crayon. Luckily she does not scream it at us. But if she is being unpleasant we let her know and stress about using manners like PP suggested. I will say it gets better. From about 3.5 to 4.5 was really rough... she is about 5.5 now and has definitely calmed down on stuff. Good Luck! It has to be so...
Quote: Originally Posted by MaterPrimaePuellae Yes, I agree w/ this. I love my DH, but in the first few years of DD's life, it was very hard for me to leave her w/ Dh at all. The first time I left (30 minutes to pick up dinner), I came back to find DD screaming, red and sweaty and sobbing, in her crib. Dh had "tried to make her happy, but she wasn't, and she might as well cry in her crib as in my ear." Now, Dh was having a hard time adjusting to...
I'm going to try to set something up before the holidays, if possible. I'm thinking a Saturday... what dates look good for you?
I wouldn't give Mom a call at 3 am. I agree with a few PP's that it would set a bad precedent for calling all the time. Plus, you know your kids. DH and I have noticed a trend with DSD... the only time she starts bringing up missing her Mom is when she is in trouble for breaking rules, or whatever. In regards to waking in the night... I think it's important to bond and show that you are there for the child... not just call up Mom. How will the Father ever get...