or Connect

Posts by STJinNoVa

I just went to their open house today. Usually I go to Cub Run to exercise, and I would be super happy with my setup if they had childcare there (and if the locker rooms were just a tad cleaner). The childcare room looked clean, had plenty of toys, was not very crowded... but didn't have as many workers as I would have necessarily liked. Maybe I am spoiled by the childcare at church, where she's one of a handful littles with two workers who play with them a...
Hey there - I'm a member of a meetup group in Centreville/Fairfax. It's nice to have some mommy friends! Come check us out. http://www.meetup.com/Centreville-WesternFairfaxSAHM/ My name is Sarah, and I go to meetups with these ladies a few times a month.
I still nurse my one-year-old in public all the time. She's not walking and she's in the 25th percentile for height and weight, so it's not she looks like a big kid - but she has both a word and a sign for nursies, so she's at the "if she can ask for it" age. We'll be at the mall, walking along, and I'll see her little hand come out of the side of the stroller and make the sign for nursies, and if I don't do it fast enough... let's just say we have the "demand" part of...
Nobody's face is perfectly symmetrical. It's normal to have one eye that's a slightly different shape or size. It's much more pronounced in some people than others, but it's very common. I believe it's because the skin and fat around the eyes can be deposited differently around either eye. If the pupils are different sizes, or if you're really worried about it, I'd have her checked out by a pediatric ophthalmologist.
If she's only up to nurse twice a night, that's not so bad. We were up 6-8 times in a ten-hour stretch at that point, and seriously, we had to try something different. That's why we transitioned her to her crib in her room. She started sleeping better immediately. But since you aren't facing that kind of issue, i would say that it sounds like your current arrangement is working very well. I believe in both "if it's broke, fix it" and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I...
Quote: Originally Posted by AislinCarys I am quite a bit bigger now that I was when she was born (I never gained much when pregnant, and I was quite average size before). Apparently, some women gain weight when breastfeeding rather than lose. A friend of mine told me all her extra weight came off when her daughter weaned around 20 months. I can't even wear the pants I wore when 8 months pregnant, they are much to small! Yup, me too. I...
I would absolutely take the base. Put it in a suitcase if you must. We didn't take the base for our carseat when we flew with our baby earlier this year, and the seatbelt-only install was never, ever secure enough for my liking. We didn't put the stroller or carseat in a bag, and they were fine. We were very glad to have both for getting through the airport as well as when we were at our destination. Take an extra outfit or two on the plane with you. Seems babies...
My daughter has been a very un-picky eater since we started her on solids. She loved avocado, toast, cheese, all kinds of fruit except watermelon, applesauce, noodles, bits of chicken, whatever we gave her. For the last couple of weeks she's been refusing things left and right. Banana? She twists her whole body around in the high chair and squalls. Organic oat O-shaped cereal? She pushes away her tray so hard the insert flies onto the floor. Spoonful of yogurt? It's...
I understand. We usually get a wake-up call between 5 and 5:30, and there's no getting her back to sleep until naptime. It's really exhausting. I don't have ANY advice - just sympathy. We trade off days. He gets up with her one morning and lets me sleep in (usually until 8 or 8:30), and then I let him sleep in another morning. It's the only solution that works for us right now.
I appreciated every opportunity to have a few minutes alone, out of the house, with my husband. We've left her once a month since she was 4 months old for an hour and a half or so. And when my mom is here, I love it when she grabs the baby and tells me to go take a nap. I love my daughter very much. I also appreciate the occasional opportunity to have a bit of R&R time without her. I think it's up to you what you want to do. Really. When people offer you babysitting,...