or Connect

Posts by Pavlovs

Congratulations!  I can't wait to see pictures and hear your story - enjoy your babymoon!
Heya Hypnobabies Mamas!  Just wanted to check in and see if you feel ready, and what you have been doing to prepare.   I've been listening to the variety of tracks as I sleep and letting them play all night.  I switch from the affirmations to the different hypnosis practices depending on my mood.  The last few nights I've really been digging the hypnotic childbirth #1 and #2.  I feel pretty good about being able to anesthetize myself and get into a pretty deep...
I'm hella uncomfortable, but I want the baby to stay as long as possible.  My job is weird in that I can take 6 weeks paid after the baby is born, but even though I have more than that accrued in sick time I can't use it.  If my baby comes on my due date, that means I have to work for two weeks before summer break (I am a teacher).  So every day I go over gets me another day home with the baby and not at work.  So even though I look like a walrus trying to stand up when...
She is so precious! Congratulations!
It sure sounds like your water broke! Good luck on having the birthng experience you want!
Hahahaha! OMG too funny!
I agree with the others. Inductions put you at the mercy of the doc and the clock, and a domino effect of interventions can easily follow. My first baby was an induction. It started out with pitocin which at first was not too bad, but the second the nurse broke my water it went from easy to pure hell. I ended up with an epidural, and when i was pushing the baby would not descend. My only bit of luck is that my OB is very good at being a doctor. He was able to safely...
Ohhh I like Aspyn.  I hadn't thought about your worry of the beginning sound, but in thinking of a nickname (we're into shortening names at my house, so for example Atticus is Atti) the nickname could be Aspie - hmmmm, not sure that's a road I'd want to travel down just because of the negative connotation, unfortunately.  But I think it all sounds lovely together.  Funny how you thought of the initials - My husband just informed me yesterday that he was thinking about a...
OMG I really have hit this point - I'm so sick of my wardrobe.  I don't know if it's better or not that it's about to get really warm here - in the 80s by the end of the week.  I don't have any maternity shorts, and I'm sure as heck not going to buy any at this point.  But man, it's almost worst than how uncomfortable I am all the time.  Sick sick sick of my clothes!
Oh i hear you on that, but for me it was having a name that is hard to pronounce and spell...I hate it! When we decided to name our younger son Atticus we considered that (even though names associated with To Kill a Mockinging Bird is apparently getting trendy), but I don't think it is hard to repeat or spell once you hear it, like my name is (see my signature). Anyhoo, the only two peopke who expressed any displeasure at the name Atticus were my parents, who hate each...