or Connect

Posts by Pavlovs

I don't remember being so prone to swelling up like a balloon with my last pregnancy. I am drinking 4 liters of water per day to stave off thirst - basically i am spending my day alternating drinking water with peeing! Even with all this water, I am finding that if I eat something particularly salty (the other night it was some tortilla chips) I blow up the next day with swelling and put on 2 pounds (I know I shouldn't but I can't resist weighing myself daily). Does...
Wow - I am so relieved and happy for you! Keep us posted!
Quote: Originally Posted by Sigrid I feel totally normal, which makes me paranoid. I feel totally normal too - and also am paranoid about it. I don't think I've ever been so anxious to go to the doc before. I can't wait to get the reassurance that everything is alright. I know I am pregnant, but it's unnerving that I don't feel like it!
Awesome website - thanks for posting!
I should have done this a couple weeks ago when I started reading these boards - sorry for the delayed introduction! My name is Jordana - I am a 37 year old mother of one fantastic 3 year old boy. My husband of 9 years is a terrific stay-at-home dad, though I'm not sure what our arrangement will be after our next baby is born. He's currently getting computer certifiations, so I don't know if he will choose to have a 9 - 5 job or not. Currently he works his own hours...
Background: I am Jewish and my husband is not. This was a hot issue when our son was born. We knew ahead of time he was a boy, and after some research I knew I didn't want him circ'd. When I brought the issue up with my husband, he felt certain he wanted his son to look like him - circ'd. I told him that ultimately the decision was up to him since I don't have a penis and could never understand the issue as well as he could. All I asked was that he do a reasonable...
Have you considered buying a blood glucose meter and checking your numbers to see if you have GD? You probably can get one free from a meter company like Abbott. They make their money on the test strips so they are happy to give away the meters for free. Alternately, you could buy ketodiastix which check your urine for ketones and sugar which could clue you in about having GD - and they are much cheaper than purchasing a meter from a pharmacy. Good luck to you - I...
Let's see - I took 4 pregnancy tests a day before my missed period, so that day it sure didn't feel real. Now I'm 8 weeks along and I know I'm pregnant, but I don't think I will really smile about it until I visit my OB and he confirms it. Something about hearing it from him made it real last time, and I suspect it will be the same this time. I've already cut out caffeine and am working on cutting out artificial sweetners (oh so hard) whereas last time I didn't quit...
I am a teacher and feel very fortunate that my husband stays home with my son. Most likely the arrangement will continue after our next child is born, unless my husband gets a super full time job. Currently he works fixing computers on his own (no boss, he sets his schedule) so that he can be with our son during the day and book appointments in the evening. It's worked out so well for us because I love my job (and all the time off I get) and I provide phenomenal health...
I do not know a whole lot about GD, but my son has type 1 diabetes. I do know that normal numbers hover around 100 (which makes your wakeup numbers great) and it's normal to have a spike an hour after a meal while your body is processing the carbs you've eaten. Your 2 hour post prandial numbers also look great - the 2 hour post meal and wake up (fasting) numbers are the most important to look at. I don't have diabetes, but an hour after a meal can see elevated numbers -...