or Connect

Posts by Pavlovs

I have similar issues in my house - techie husband who loves gaming himself.  My son loves to be on the computer, but when I pull him off he will happily play with Tinker Toys and Legos and such.  I try to set reasonable limits during the week that even my husband will stick to (most of the time) but it can be hard when my husband doesn't see a difference between my son unwinding after school with computer versus something that doesn't involve sitting at a desk (like he...
If you haven't been working at it already, I'll recommend doing Kegel exercises.  I didn't do it last time and it took me much longer to recover my pelvic floor than after my first pregnancy (of course some of that could be age, but I'm not taking any chances).
We found out several weeks ago that we are having a girl (hooray!) and are now in the process of choosing a name.  My husband suggested Madeline, which I think I could love, but I am pretty sure it would get shortened to Maddie as a nickname.  Our younger son is Atticus, nickname Atti.  Would it be annoying after awhile to have two nicknames that sound so similar?  I imagine calling upstairs to one of them, only to get the other one answering thinking I had called...
Please keep us updated when you have a moment - I'm praying for all good news.
I love your list!  What a great reminder of what I can do now instead of letting myself sulk about what I can't (like climb the stairs while carrying my toddler, sleep in late, straighten my hair, etc etc etc) :)
I have absolutely no help for you, but your post reminded me (I'm sure I'm dating myself here) of the Friends episode where Phoebe, who is a vegetarian, is craving meat so badly.  Joey offers to be a vegetarian in her place so she can eat meat while pregnant.  Funny one!    
My 17 month old loves french fries, so we order him only that when we go to In N Out.  Yup, that'll be his lunch sometimes, an order of fries.
When we had our first son, my husband was pro-circumcision for the reasons you stated.  After I had done some research and come to my own non-circ conclusion, we talked about it.  Ultimately I gave him the decision since he knows what it's like to have a penis and I don't.  All I asked of him was to do some research into the matter before he decided.   A couple of weeks later he told me that despite his feelings of wanting his son to look like him, he couldn't find...
Quote: Originally Posted by midwestmeg Yep, I'm still nursing. Baby is 14 mo now. I've started really limiting at night, mostly because I can't handle so many interruptions in my sleep. My nipples are sensitive, but it's do-able. I'm 17 weeks, so if we're still nursing fine now, I'm sure we can be come April. I would be fine with dd weaning, but she'd be the first baby I had wean so soon... I always nurse them through their 2nd winter and can't...
I just got the results from my amnio today and am thrilled to be having a girl. I have two boys already, and have been having a very hard time feeling connected to the little being inside my tummy (this is a *very* unplanned pregnancy). But today I felt really happy for the first to be pregnant - and my husband (who has also had a very hard time accepting that I'm pregnant) was equally happy to hear that we are having a girl. I've got this fear that I heard the...