or Connect

Posts by Pavlovs

Quote: Originally Posted by IdentityCrisisMama I've got hypnobabies and have been listening to it at bed time...I usually fall asleep within the first 10 minutes. When are you all listening to your CDs? Currently I'm listening to the positive affirmations on my ipod as I sleep. I did this with my last pregnancy and I know it made a difference in my overall health. When I had stopped listening it for a couple of weeks, my PUPPS had...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2goingon2 And...quit tea-bagging your father. Actually we didn't say that but that's what happened. Our 3 year old and 21 month old were running around naked after bath time and when Daddy got down on the floor to play with them...the 3 year old promptly climbed on his head and pushed his penis and scrotum on him. We laughed for a good 5 minutes which only encouraged more pouncing and fits of giggles from both little...
Despite being well into my second trimester, I'm still exhausted. I guess I can chalk it up to having 2 kids, one of which is a toddler who doesn't STTN yet, and being 40 years old. I had my iron levels checked and they're good, but I'm considering getting my thyroid checked. I could easily take a nap every single day, but since I work full time I'm lucky if I can get a nap or two on the weekends. Today I splurged and had a lot of coffee and still fell asleep at noon...
Quote: Originally Posted by minkajane I didn't find out with DS. I was excited to find out when he was born, but it wasn't as cool as I was hoping because he was a C/S and there was no big "It's a boy!" announcement or anything, I just happened to hear the doctor say to one of the nurses, "Oh, she thought it was a girl." I'm torn with this one. I'd love to have the big "It's a ______!" moment, but I'd also love to have a name picked out for sure, maybe...
I don't like clutter and floor messes, but even more I hated the daily battle of having my son's room picked up. So we made a deal that only on Sunday would I have him clean it, and it must be done before dinner. I feel easier about the mess in his room, and he's more prone to clean it well and without whining because it's only once a week. Win win situation.
I'm reviving this old thread to add that I had my amnio the other day, and thought that if I could put myself into hypnosis and numb my uterus then I wouldn't need to purchase the hypnobabies program again. Well, it worked! I didn't feel a thing even though I haven't tried to hypnotize myself in 15 months. I'll purchase the positive affirmations track for 10 bucks off the website to keep healthy during my pregnancy, but I feel totally confident that I can get myself...
Quote: Originally Posted by MJB I'm having a parent-teacher conference with my kindergartner's teacher next week. He is the only fluent reader in his class (he's at a 3rd/4th grade level, another kid is just starting to read and most can't read at all yet). It's a private school so the class is small and there are two teachers. We are otherwise thrilled with the school but I do want him to be challenged more, at least in reading. What would you ask for in...
I really like Click magazine, but it is kind of expensive (a friend got it as a gift for our son). It's all about nature which my son really likes.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lauren82 I love love love the secret fit belly jeans from Motherhood. The panel is made out of a really thin material that can be folded down (without adding bulk) or worn all the way over the belly and it looks like it would fit for all trimesters of pregnancy. Kohl's has similar pants - I love them! I scored today and got two pair for work that were on sale for only $26 each. I also got a dress and 4 tops, all for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Erlaine Dd is 22 mos and we're starting night weaning. I need my nights back. We decided the smoothest thing would be for dh to take over nighttime parenting entirely until she understands she can sleep without nursing. Two days ago we told her all day long that papa would be putting her to sleep and nursies would be gone after the bath. Then we had the usual bath where she got to nurse and I then went away. Papa did pjs...