or Connect

Posts by closedaccount15

I forgot there is Montgomery county Ican, if you are interested in Shady Grove, call or email ICAN first (she responds to email quickly and is very nice), first because I personally don't think MWC (midwife group at Shady Grove) would be willing to do a vba2c. I know they have some new midwives. but 3 are the same when I was there and there and they still have the same consulting doctors.   UMMC midwives was willing to meet with me before I was a patient and look...
I would call ICAN of Baltimore. There was ICAN group in Frederick, who could help with info about shady grove, but they no longer meet.    Shady Grove depends...my experience with them was that they were not supportive unless I met certain criteria and being over 35 was not part of that. I had more medical intervention from one midwife there than I ever had with my OB with my first (and I was over 35 with my first) I left their care at 36 weeks. I was only a vbac. So...
Thank you, and that is how I feel, seeing I was the only one in my family with any type of seasonal allergies (out of 5 children), it something being passed down directly or genetically, that link has been proven. This is the one thing that is getting me frustrated and angry with many parents who claim they are into natural parenting (of course not ALL parents, but lately the ones I have been talking to)....that the way someone gives birth or what they choose to eat...
I see Dr Lancaster in Ellicott city, she is near 29 and 70. She will refer you to LLL if you have any questions that are out of her realm, but she is supportive even of extended and tandem nursing, but I get the impression she wants to remain as neutral as possible, so if you ask for support on breastfeeding she will help with that, if you want support on formula, she will give you that.   So she does have formula coupons and such in her office, but she has never...
I was going to recommend UMMC on greene street but you didn't want to go that far.  I went to the midwives, I was 40 years old, they told me they would only do checks on the baby two weeks AFTER my due date,  I used the midwives. They took me on at 36 weeks, so, taking on a 40 year old vbac at 36 weeks with no records (and the response was, 'millions of women give birth without records, I think you will be fine'! - as a vbac?!? didn't get that response anywhere else ). ...
I had to come here - I just had a rude statement and I can't believe anyone would say, maybe it doesn't go here, I don't know.  I have 2 children. One has multiple food allergies - has had one anaphylatic reaction.. Both of my kids were born via c-section. Maybe this person didn't know that. But they just said "you know, they found children had higher rates of allergies if the mom had c-sections, something about going through the vagina is just healthier"   I was...
I attempted a vbac with my second. My providers tried to push me into having a repeat c-section, so I went to another, when I was 36 weeks! I had my baby with a provider I was only with for 2 weeks!   I know people think I was crazy...my MIL said something rude when I said I was going to a midwife, but I was glad I did. I ended up with another c-section, BUT I made it to 9-10 CM without anything, no drugs or anything. I was aware the whole time, I knew, 'hey, this...
When I lived near that area, there was a huge meetup group called Hip Mammas of Annapolis, they were very crunchy, at the time. I have no idea about doctors or anything, it's been 5 years since we moved, but as far as I know the group has gotten bigger. They may be able to help.   They may be less crunchy since they have become bigger, the people I knew in the group were very helpful and very attachment parenting.  
I went to UMD, they use midwives, but I wasn't all natural...I had an epidural at 9-10 cm, because I asked for one. I ended up with a c-section, but I felt like it was a decision made with together and not a scare tactic. In fact, they said they hadn't seen someone try so hard for a vbac, so really I felt like they supported me. I had a midwife up until surgery. My labor was very quick though, within an hour and half of starting labor I was about 2-3 minutes apart...omg,...
Basically that was what the midwife said she felt during my birth with my daughter. I have had x-rays because I had back pain when I was in high school. They found that my pelvic bone on one side was fused to vertebrae making one solid piece on only one side, and I have scoliosis and an extra vertebrae just in my tailbone. But I asked my first ob/gyn with my first child, she said no problem, it won't effect anything. I asked two chiropractors before I got pregnant with my...