or Connect

Posts by ClumsySugarPlum

Hmmm.... Maybe. Today I:   Did 5 loads of laundry Baked mocha chocolate chip cookies Baked banana bread Shopped for groceries Cleaned the kitchen twice   Things are sort of stalled out in terms of getting the baby's room ready since there is a piano in there we are trying to get rid off. The kicker is that we think the piano might be worth something so we don't want to give it away; however, we're getting kind of desperate to get it out of the house....
Hi, everybody. I am 31 weeks and 3 days today and feeling okay for the most part. My sacrum continues to be sore, but between yoga and acupuncture I am managing. My New Year’s resolution to take care of my body is still going strong. I managed to go to aqua-natal twice and yoga once this week. I had to abstain from aqua-natal and yoga Thursday and Friday due to injuring my shoulder somehow. I think I think I must have hurt it Monday or Tuesday, and then really aggravated...
Hey, guys. I haven’t posted for a couple of weeks, but it being New Year’s day, what better time to do some reflecting? Because I’m a teacher, I’m very lucky to have so much time off during the holidays. This year has probably been more fun than any other. DS is 3 and is very aware of Santa. It’s been fun to talk with him about Santa, and one of the local nurseries had a couple of live reindeer in a pen, so we visited them a couple times too. DH took the rest of his...
Veganyogamomma –  Hugs to you right now. Hang in there. Money for us has been difficult the last few years too. Christmas last year was really sucky. I think Spughy’s advice seems really sound. Perhaps reaching out to your MIL over a shared meal might help restore some civility.   Spughy - So sorry for your nether pains, but I had to laugh when you described your dreams in which they were featured. I had the weirdest dream the other night. In my dream I was getting...
Okay, I haven't put up any pics yet, but this one is too good not to share . Let me introduce you to my alter ego- Holly Go-not-so-lightly. (This is from a few weeks ago when I was 23 weeks.)        
Congrats, Jodieann, on potty training!   Melany- Boo, that someone dissed your choice to go back to work! Who thinks it's okay to tell any woman how she should feel regarding something so personal? Chapsie, your words on the matter really ring true with me. And on a personal level, I think my job (teaching) has helped me be a better parent. I don't make tons more money than our childcare costs, but I do know that my son sees me as something more three dimensional...
Yikes, sarah. I didn't realize seat back failure was an issue. And, I'm sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. DH and I will have to do a little research about this. We currently have a used Honday Odyssey. It's a 2000, I think, with about 245,000 miles. The car has really lasted for us and we don't have any complaints; although, I will have to at least look into safest placement of carseats throughout the car. We usually keep our third row stowed so we have room to...
Chocolatechip: Enjoy your birth class! I loved going with dh. It kind of felt like a big group date with so many people in your excat same boat. In addition to learning the science-y stuff, we also learned about fun stuff like aromatherapy and labor massage. I have convinced  DH to go to a couple's massage workshop with (not-pregnancy) related. He really balked at first because he's not a pda guy. But I told him the class was only open to 4 couples, that I would like his...
Spughy – so sorry about your canceled trip. To echo previous posts, you should definitely plan some other retreat for yourself be it a spa day or a closer excursion. Unless you’ve reached Nirvana already, having something to look forward to is important for everyone, not just SAHMs. You deserve it.   Chapsie – thanks for sharing your VBAC video! I had a vaginal birth the first time (with some meds at the end) and I thought it was inspiring too. I’m really hoping to...
This looks pretty good. I will call during the week and see if I can get a solid answer on bases.