or Connect

Posts by ClumsySugarPlum

Hi, ladies. It's been fun catching up on all I've missed the last several weeks. Writing my reply in this week's thread has taken me a long time, and I hope it won't take too long to read. I didn't realize when I set out to write a reply that some new ideas and feelings would be coming up, but there they are.     Maydaymom, prepare yourself, I think we might be married to the same man! It doesn’t help that DH works out of town a lot right now, so he’ll be gone for a week...
K, y'all. I finally got around to checking our old carseat for an expiration date. We have a hand-me-down Graco Snugride from my nephew who was born in 2005. The expiration date is found on the bottom of the carrier (bucket) part and clearly reads Do not use after December 2010. So... looks like we'll be buying a new carseat. I didn't see anything written on the base, but I'm assuming the expiration applies to the base that came with it as well. The tricky part is that I...
On the subject of pumping, my principal is very understanding. I think it helps that she has kids of her own; although, I know that's not always the case with every boss. One of my colleagues had a baby a few months ago and she gets to pump twice a day. Because we have the exact same work schedule it will be interesting to see ho w we manage pump times. She has her own classroom, so she manages to pump in there during our lunch and in another colleague's office during...
Bena, you are so lucky that your school allows you to come back in increments like that. I wish I could come back a little at a time, but even if that was an option professionally, it's not an option financially. I work 23 hours per week as a theatre teacher in an elementary school. My classes rotate with the other "specials" classes like art, music, PE, and Media. However, my position is budgeted only as a classified tutor position, even though I am doing the same...
Hmmmm. I will check my folks' attic tomorrow where we're keeping our baby stuff from ds. I guess I didn't realize there were expiration dates on the carseat itself. My nephew's family used the carseat when they lived in Iowa and we live in Colorado, so we have had lots of hot/ cold extremes. We bought a couple of new bases after he was born that we might be able to keep, but the carseat itself might have to be replaced. Just trying to figure this all out now since Babies...
Hi, ladies. I have been in lurk mode. Too tired to really put myself out there to chat, but I could use some advice and I think others might have similar questions. We are having our second baby, and a lot of our equipment has been handed down to us from my seven year old nephew. It seems like I heard somewhere that you should replace some plastic equipment items such as carseats after so many years because the plastic softens over time and is no longer safe. Has anyone...
Ooo! I just fast forwarded through this, but I think I'm going to try it. It seems I always have a work conflict whenever a prenatal yoga class is offered. Hmmm... Maybe youtube has an aquanatal video I could use to do some water stuff on my own since I can't seem to get to those classes either...
Hi, Ladies. I have been too lazy to post, but have tried to lurk a little every night. We are having a girl! Very excited as this means we will have one of each now. I too am looking forward to dressing this one. One of my new to-do's is to look through all of ds's old clothes to see which things we'll try to consign/ toss and which things we can reuse. So far I've only bought some cute jammies and ds helped me pick out some girly socks.   Currently, I am in bed...
Glad you're okay. I hope you can enjoy some peace and baby bonding time. Besides sticking up for yourself and your baby (entitled! - Um, yes you and your baby are entitled to not be hurt on purpose!) you are also sticking up for other women who may have felt that their grievances are trivial. Go you!
Hi, there. My midwife talked me into getting a 20 week ultrasound at my last appointment (16 weeks). We weren't planning to do it because I'm not high risk and my insurance doesn't cover it because I'm not yet 35. My midwife said that even if our quad screen came back with good results, the ultrasound could reveal birth defects unrelated to a genetic disorder, and that those birth defects might determine where we would like to have the baby. We were planning on having...