or Connect

Posts by ClumsySugarPlum

You can take me off the list. My teaching job has become impossible to bear due to my administrators fear and support of ignorant and intolerant individuals. So, I am quitting at the end of the year. That means I need to find another job I like ASAP and will aim to get pregnant in June 2009. I was so looking forward to this and now I feel ridiculous for this continued desire to know and experience all things baby. Ugh. I wish I could go to sleep and wake up a year from now.:
I showed this to dh and we're both laughing...........still.......
hugshugshugshugshugshugshugs I agree with pp that a letter is a good idea. You can take your time and make sure you say everything you mean to say. I would also request in your letter that someone follow up with a reply. I have worked with many individuals whose primary language is not English. And most times, it is really no big deal. However, when the subject is sensitive, literally life and death in your case, a language barrier is not a matter of politcal...
Damn, that sucks. I am in a completely different line of work, so I have no specifics to offer, but.... Do you have a superior who you know respects the work you've done in the past you can talk to about this? Maybe you could have a conversation with him or her about the dire-ness of the situation (in case others don't seems to grasp it). Maybe you could express an outline for how to deal with the situation (steps to be taken, resources to check, documents to double...
Thank you for your responses. It's really nice to know I'm not alone and I'm not crazy. You all made me feel better and rock as human beings. Peace.
Hello, Mamas and Mamas-to-be! Kallyn, Brandyshea, Turtlewomyn, and Sphinxie: Hubby and I are hoping to conceive in June also. I'm a teacher and really hoping to have the baby around Spring Break so I can stay with him/ her for about the first six months. I love hearing about the sweet things other people's partners are doing in anticipation for little ones. DH and I toss around baby names all the time. Today he sent me a yahoo video about how coffee can lead to...
Warning: Not for weak stomachs (and not the cutesy TMI, either) So, I think I'm just writing this because I'm hoping that someone will make me feel like I'm not off my rocker for feeling like this. I teach high school and today at our inservice we had a presentation by the gang unit of the local police department. They warned us before it started that parts would be really graphic, and that we could leave at any time. So, a little alarm went off in my head, but no one...
I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. Snuggling close with your kidos and allowing the tears to come when they do sound like good medicine.
Well in my five days of experience thus far, I use those two minutes to plan out what I'm wearing that day (I have to dress up for work). ps - thank you for your welcome:
It's me. I just took my very first pre-natal vitamin and I feel amazing. Hubby and I really aren't trying to conceive for a few more months (we're trying to time it with my school schedule) so I get to take my time and research and read and think of baby names... Seriously, I feel like there could be one of those giant Las Vegas signs over my house in the shape of an arrow that flashes on and off with the words Big Baby Nerd. I almost can't wait to go to sleep so I can...