or Connect

Posts by dachshund mom

I'm with you OP.  Mini vent here:  I have a good friend who I love, but she keeps asking me to babysit for her early morning appts.  She's soooo nice about it that I can't seem to say no.  First time, her babysitter canceled last minute and I was happy to step in.  Second time she asked me because her DD wanted to play with my DD (she's 2 and DD is 1, they don't play together) and I said ok, but made it clear that I'm having to get up 2 hours earlier than usual and DD...
The worst we do would be mismatched solids, like a red t-shirt with pink shorts. I go through the hand me downs and then go to target and get some solids fill in the outfits. I hang almost everything except her one pair of jeans and one pair of khakis and her few t-shirts. I can hang as fast as I fold, and then it's all matched up for me, so I do like the sets. I have a hard time matching girls clothes unless they're sold that way because I prefer cotton bottoms over...
The canines are hands down the worst, but at least they're way faster than the molars and you have a nice long break before the 2yr molars. DD has never been a good teether and we do use meds if distraction doesn't work. We're working on the 2yr now and she'll say 'teeth hurt' and make it clear that she's hurting, so I'm glad we've done meds since she does seem really pained by it.
I listen to Dave Ramsey most days. I like NPR, but the times of day I turn it on, it's always music.
I need a good dvd that has popular songs with a jukebox option to just play songs without all the dialogue. We have a Barney Songs dvd that DD loves and I want something similar. Songs with hand motions, dancing, animals, things like 'If you're happy and you know it' or 'old macdonald'.
I can't answer your question, but if you want to try it, nightweaning may not be the big ordeal that it sounds like. DD is 19mo and a couple months ago she was having an early morning nurse-a-thon and I got tired of it so I said, fine, we're getting up, and expected her to crawl all over me until I dragged out of bed. But she played for a few minutes and just went to sleep next to me! And then it kept happening. If she cries I still nurse her, and I usually nurse her...
I've never been able to lay DD down asleep. I finally had to start nursing her laying down and sneak off. But oh, you make me miss those lap naps! Grab a book or remote or laptop and enjoy them!! I think you just set off baby fever in me.
DD has never been a sleeper. Never slept in the car, stroller, carrier, anywhere. They say it's a sign of a gifted child, so that should make you feel a little better. I just read this parenting book that said you can't make them eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom so don't even try to force it. It was talking about older kids, but I know at some point I had to let go of the hope that DD would ever be on a schedule or sleep consistantly. She just won't and I have...
I cannot figure out the logistics of having 19mo DD in her own room. I try the monitor and it keeps us both up. Her room is across the house so she'd have to cry loudly to hear it without the monitor and I don't want that. I put up a gate and DD freaks if she sees it. Do you think she's old enough to come to our room on her own? Moving her to our room when she wakes up seems to wake her up more, so I end up sleeping on her floor. I don't seem to sleep as well with...
We're working with 19mo DD on PTing. She's ready - waking up dry, telling me after she's gone, and off and on she'll tell me before. The problem we're having is she'll start to pee and get all excited and not finish. We go flush it, get a treat and then a few minutes later she'll pee on the floor. How can I encourage her to stay sitting and finish? Also sometimes she'll tell me she has to go, but then won't go when I put her on the potty, and will wait until I...