or Connect

Posts by APBTlover

Any ladies working on staying (or becoming) active these days?   I fell of the bandwagon pretty severely many weeks back, so I'm determined to get back on, convinced a strong body makes for a healthier pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. For now my goals (which I have been sticking to rather well) are: -- walk 1 mile a day if weather permits (it usually does!) -- 20 or more squats each day... I am experimenting with doing 5 each time I go to the bathroom to build up more...
I'm here but I never post... I'm not sure I have EVER posted since the actual DDC opened (though I posted a lot in the original thread). Maybe once or twice? Anyway, I agree that in part it's just a slow part of our pregnancies (though that's certainly not the ONLY reason... my old DDC was more active than this the whole way through, but we didn't have an FB page, either). I do think of you all often -- even the ones I don't know and the ones who lurk like I do! -- and...
So far, sickness/aversions/cravings aren't half as bad as last time, but they are there. I've only thrown up once, and nothing triggered it -- I just woke up with the overwhelming urge. My nausea mostly seems to come from NOT eating, as I'm missing a lot of meals simply from no desire to eat, and not being able to think of anything tasty. Or I get the food in front of me, and suddenly can't bring myself to eat it. It's not overwhelming though, like it was at this point in...
I noticed that, too. :) I'm sure someone will fix it.
This is my second pregnancy -- with the first I took part in a wonderful DDC here on MDC, and loved it! We were blessed with a very low intervention birth at a freestanding birth center and are praying we will be able to do that again. I'm 5wks today.
jenjy, thanks!   LilyTiger, a cold too, huh? Here's hoping we both kick it soon! I can't tell if things like disinterest in food and the very real nausea I had last night are cold related or pregnancy related. Trying not to think too hard about it and just take it one day at a time. :)   I'm 5wks today (by that crazy OB reasoning which implies being pregnant 2 weeks before we are anywhere near conception!), and with my previous pregnancy, weeks 5-9 were the worst ones.
So far, so good, pregnancy-wise. No morning sickness or anything as of yet. I DO however have a nasty, awful cold that is kicking my hiney. Blegh. I'm afraid by the time I kick this I will be in the thick of first trimester yuckiness. We shall see. Trying to choke down nutritious food even though this cold makes everything taste like... nothing at all, actually.
Yes, I feel like I am pacing around waiting for the group to open, too. :) My only "symptoms" are things that could also just be natural variations in preference (for instance, suddenly wanting to eat meat at every meal) or just in my head (fleeting moments of nausea, peeing more often some days, emotional wreckage!). This wouldn't bother me if I hadn't had such clear symptoms with my first, before the + even started showing up. I have one more test lying around, so I...
Ah! My people! I got 2 + on the 28th but they were so faint and showed up so late (technically within the testing window, though) that I wouldn't get my hopes up. As of today, the line was significantly darker and showed up faster. So, wonderful! It is just now beginning to sink in.   --As far as symptoms, they have been much more subtle and PMS-like than my first pregnancy, to the point that I absolutely believed I was not pregnant. Contrast that with my first baby,...
Excellent question. I'm wondering about this, too!