or Connect

Posts by lithigin

I'm one-handed typing, but I teared up at reading your story; you are so fortunate to have a community that loves you and that was willing to step up and help out when you needed it the most. Congratulations on sweet Evie (which is what we would have called our Evangeline, but we ended up choosing a different name) and good luck on finishing up the house work!  
With DD#1, I had what I thought was a pretty quick labor: 5 hours from light/moderate contractions and water breaking to pushing, and then she was born after 28 mins of pushing. DH was deployed for #1, so I had been trying to prepare him for what I would be going through, what kind of support I would probably need, what to expect, etc. Neither of us expected this birth to be quite so fast, though!   In the middle of the night I had some contractions that were strong...
Dabbler, I can only imagine your disappointment at your HBAC not working out! HOWEVER, I am incredibly impressed at your perseverance for what you wished for combined with the wise intuition to listen to the midwife and to your body telling you "hey, this isn't working the way it's supposed to." I would have been exhausted after 8 hours of pushing; you did a phenomenal job in that regard! Your sweet Anna Lucille is healthy and you clearly made the right decision in...
It works now; I just requested to join. Thank you for doing this! Now the question is.....how do we figure out which IRL name belongs to which screen name? :)
I loved my Glamourmom nursing tank (I think technically they call it a "top", which has different clasps than their "tank") and just ordered another one, although with a 41w belly, it doesn't fit just yet. :)   FWIW, I was at Target last week and thought their regular bras were not very impressive. There was a denim colored cotton one that just seemed like the straps weren't very well built and the cup style was all wrong for me personally. I did buy two of their...
Thanks for the labor vibes! So far, they're not working, but there's still time for a July 4th baby, right? My doula called to check in; she was going to either drive or take the train (easier) downtown with her husband for the evening. I told her to do whatever she likes, as there is nothing happening here at the moment. Some tightening and painless contractions, but nothing to write home about. I guess it's time to see if the pineapple is ripe enough to cut; may as...
Congrats on lovely Amelia! I felt just as you did above for my birth with #1, except I caved and did ask for meds. Water broke at 9 pm, contractions were 2 mins apart by 11 pm and as soon as I got out of the shower, I wanted to be AT the hospital. Got there at 11:30, labored until 1 or 2, didn't think I could handle that intensity for hours more, asked for an epi 2-3x (enough that my doula took me semi-seriously and slooooowly called for the anesth. [fantastic doula!!]),...
Yup, less movement here, too, at 40+5. FWIW, my mom recalls that I moved way less at the very end. But I've been holding onto that hope for a week. Oh well; she's moving some, but not big rolling freakish movements in the evenings like before. 
I'm 40+2 and my doula goes out of town tomorrow (Friday July 1-Sunday). So I'm hoping for either tonight at dinner or honestly not until after she gets back. I mean, I have two backups from her for this weekend, but I spent the big bucks for her and she knows us, you know? And our hospital is the sort of hospital where you really really want a good doula on your side. I guess we'll just see...
This was one of the packet of (at least 40!?) documents my doula emailed me, about RRL and due dates and Cytotec contraindications, etc. It is a good reminder.    I went into labor with #1 on my due date and had her at +1, so I admit that I'm a bit surprised to be here at EDD+2, with zero indications. Lots of painless contractions that I can feel if I touch my belly, but no discomfort at all. Phooey on doulas and OBs and commenters saying for months that I'd probably...