or Connect

Posts by Treeof3

Its a hard call, but if you're not hung up on it happening one way or another, it will be fine. At my last birth (last week!) I thought I wanted my 2.5 yo there and planned to have someone there for him. But since he was sleeping when labor started, my friend was useful to me in labor and I didn't want her to go anywhere with ds. He woke up a little before 7 and baby was born at 830 so things were pretty intense. While I had been really bent on having him there, as soon...
Just like my last 2 babies at 40+2, Jameson Vaughn was born 1/12/11 at 8:30am... he weighed only 7-8 and is 19.5 inches (my lightest, shortest baby yet!) However... he had the BIGGEST  head at 14.25 inches. Not too bad (considering the other 3 were all 14 inches) but this little sucker chose to be OP so no molding. Ouch.   I knew he was malpostioned for the last several weeks. He would switch from ROA to OP. On rare occasions, I could get him to be...
1/12/11 at 8:30am... he weighed only 7-8 and is 19.5 inches (my lightest, shortest baby yet!) However... he had the BIGGEST  head at 14.25 inches. Not too bad (considering the other 3 were all 14 inches) but this little sucker chose to be OP. Ouch.   I knew he was malpostioned for the last several weeks. He would switch from ROA to OP. On rare occasions, I could get him to be LOA, but he'd never stay that way. It made no sense since I knew my placenta was on my right...
My last birth, my son didn't tuck his chin so the "fat" part of his head presented. AND he had his hand up by his ear. (Still at 2.5yo, plays with his ear to sleep) I labored the last 2 hours and pushed in the water. I was squatting and like you mentioned with the hands and knees urge, there was NO other possible position for me at that point. I had NO tears. Nada. Nothing. I was shocked because I literally felt like I was going to split in half as he came past my pubic...
Floradix will help. You didn't say how much time you had left to get it up? My mw must measure a different way because for us its 9 that's low. (Hematocrit vs Hemoglobin? Dunno...) But I brought mine up from 10 to almost 13 in a few weeks with Floradix. Its possible! :)
I use the LaBassine "Made In Water" tub last time. The time before that I used a regular "garden tub" in the bathroom and the bottom was hard and it wasn't deep enough and I got out to birth on land. The handles were not necessary for me and in fact was a little too wide for me to reach them both comfortably (i'm 5'5").   We unscrewed the dealy from the bathroom sink and got an adaptor at Lowes to make the hose attach to the faucet. Last time we attached it to the...
Just a drizzle. I turn the faucet on a trickle - like a 1/4 inch wide stream then open the pad, and fwoosh it under there. Maybe 1,2,3 seconds from end to end. Fold them back up and then put them in the a ziploc. I also turn the wings out bc otherwise they get stuck and you can't put the pad on right. I have only used disposables for freezing never cloth because my period is never heavy enough to have mega cloth pads on hand and I figure I can "spoil" myself with...
More TMI, but desperate times call for desperate measures... :)  You can, ahem, put them back. Its uncomfortable at first, but pushing them back in (sometimes a little lube helps - esp if you lube with roid cream) will get them where they're supposed to be and eliminate the pressure and pain. The main part of the pain is being squeezed by your anus so by putting them back behind it, it will alleviate that squeeze and give them time to go back down before you have to...
I previewed videos on YouTube that closely matched the way I would birth. I'd send you a list, but it was about 3 years ago and I don't have that computer or bookmarks anymore.  Then I watched them with the kids first without sound and then with sound (the live videos over the slideshows were more helpful, imo)  This way the kids got to see what was happening before hearing it - sort of a slow intro to their senses. I spent all this time working with them explaining that...