or Connect

Posts by cinnamongrrl

Call your local social services. They can help you get free legal aid, housing, food, etc. Do you have family who can help too?   If your husband isn't interested in working on things at this point, it's probably best to move on. Maybe he'll come around in the future, but what he's doing to you is awful, esp since you are pregnant. I'm sorry you are having to go through this. You being stressed about your child's health problem did not drive him to cheat on you.
Have you been to the Meetup website? You can start a group in your area for just about anything. Maybe you could start a single mom's group--you could meet with the kids. And you could ask the group members if they want to start a babysitting co-op--moms could take turns babysitting each other's kids so moms could go out on an evening and do something fun. You could plan a regular mom's night out and pitch in to hire babysitters.   I'm thinking of starting a single...
Thank you for the advice, PPs! I did actually email my SIL about a month ago, asking if I'd offended her in some way because I hadn't heard from her. I didn't call her because she never answers her phone.   I feel the same way as Tropicana: you don't just drop your family. I do remember one summer a couple years ago, I barely heard from SIL. That fall, she told me she'd been having marriage problems with my brother and that's why she was acting distant. So it's...
My brother and I don't call each other--not because we don't get along, but that's just how we are. As far as our kids not getting along, the only problem we've had is my 13 year old niece occassionally complains about my 12 year old daughter. They are in 7th grade at the same school but don't have any classes together so they don't really interact there. My niece has some social problems and a tendency to complain about things and be depressed. My SIL has complained a...
I don't know what to do so I figured I'd ask a bunch of other moms. :) My SIL, married to my brother, lives 20 minutes away and has just sort of...dropped out of my life over the past six months. The last time I saw her and my nephews was last August. SIL and I didn't have a fight, and as far as I know I did nothing to offend her. She stopped calling as frequently, then started texting instead of calling, then just fell off the radar. I felt like I was being slowly...
I know that they sell special makeup that is just for covering up tattoos. The permanent solution would be to have the marks removed by laser, but that is costly. I don't think the marks look too bad but if it were me and I wanted to cover them, I would opt for the makeup.
I probably wouldn't do it. Maybe if the baby was asleep it wouldn't be so worrisome, but if she started choking on something, would your 8 year old be able to do the heimlich? That's the kind of thing that would be a life or death situation that couldn't wait 10 minutes for you to come home. Children usually are allowed to register for a babysitting course and learn basic first aid like that at age 11. I would not leave an 8 year old to babysit.
Whoa! You are brave. If you don't want to shell out for a cake, you could 2 or 3 disposable baking pans, boxes of cake mix, and tubs of frosting. Bake them up and put on lots of sprinkles or jellybeans or other cute stuff. Easy and cheap!
I had the exact same rash you describe after getting the DTP vaccine as an adult. I became severely ill with what I'm assuming was diptheria. No one in my family became ill, but they were all vaccinated. So yes, I would be worried about your unvaxed child possibly getting diptheria. But while it was a pretty awful and lengthy illness, I recovered eventually with no longterm ill effects. All I can say is, don't ever give a massage to someone with a rash!! That is not a...
Does anyone else have a school supply list from their child's teacher that includes things like antibacterial hand gel and Magic Erasers? How do you handle this when you don't use these types of things at home and would prefer your kids not to use them at school?