or Connect

Posts by Rosehip

Yes, their Dad's involved.  Very lukewarm effort (they're mostly pawned off on his mother or wife), but the kids love him.  They are with him every other weekend. Sorry for your troubles too!  That sounds very difficult...with siblings involved.
Hi all, Also posted in blended families.  I divorced when my kids were 3 & 1 (so no memory of us together or the split).  They're now 9 (daughter) & 7 (son).  For the past two & a half years, I've been dating a guy whom they absolutely adore. Though he always kept his own apartment, for the past year or so he was here a lot.  In a nutshell, I've never had a relationship like that, and he is the love of my life.  They loved him, the family arrangement, the whole package. ...
Hi all, I'm not sure if here or single parenting is the better place to post.  I divorced when my kids were 3 & 1.  They're now 9 (daughter) & 7 (son).  For the past two & a half years, I've been dating a guy whom they absolutely adore. Though he always kept his own apartment, for the past year or so he was here a lot.  In a nutshell, I've never had a relationship like that, and he is the love of my life.  They loved him, the family arrangement, the whole package.  He was...
When I try to edit my profile, it just basically goes into "not responding" mode - says "updating profile" or some such, for up to ten minutes... I don't check the email that's currently on file.  Any suggestions? Thank you!
Please help...I have no green thumb.  I'm ok with that.  But really, I'd love fresh herbs without paying $3 every time... But I seriously kill every green thing I bring into the house.  My latest casualty is parsley.  I bought a little plant from Trader Joe's.  Within days, it's falling over, wilted & dead.  I have repeated this over & over (also basil & rosemary in the past couple months).  I think plants are allergic to me.   They are in a sunny spot - south...
My son is 4.5.  I'm a single mom, though it may not be hugely relevant here.  Dad is circumcised (but was happy to keep DS intact), as are my brother & father, with whom we are very close.   I've pretty left well enough alone, and other than a UTI when he was 5 1/2 weeks old  (group strep B courtesy of me), he's had no issues with his penis.    I'm pretty much on my own here, considering all the men in his life are circ'd.  So...do I need to do anything in...
Hi all!  I haven't been around much lately, been busy w/a new job and winter weather & illnesses.    I'm butting up against a new issue.  My kids just turned 6 &4.  Their father lives about an hour away - it's only ~30 miles, but can take easily much longer than an hour b/c of traffic.  He chose to move there about a year and a half ago.  He used to live 15 minutes away.  When I moved, I told him he would be responsible for transportation, & he has been.  Since he...
Hi ladies!  I'm back here for some inspiration.  I started dating a year and a half ago, and I am literally just striking out.  The ONLY guy I got excited about was the very first guy I met, who literally took a job offer 1,300 miles away after our second date.  Since then it's been a string of middling to terrible first dates, and a handful of unimpressive second dates that didn't go anywhere.  I know my standards are high, but I'm not willing to compromise on several...
I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but I would consider that the costs of moving (renting a truck, unpaid time off work for DH, gas money, etc), security deposits (that you'd presumably have to have ready to move out at the end of the 3 months) may be significant relative to the savings you'd see from 3 months of living w/the ILs.    It sounds like you just don't anticipate this working out.  I think that in any event 3 months is a very short period of time to...
I just sold an apartment, and got a bit of money out of it.  I'm living with family & have very low living expenses right now, and will for the next several years.  Although there are no guarantees, obviously, this is a very stable living arrangement.   I won't be looking to buy another home for at least three years.  I'm working and will be able to save at least 30-40% of my income until my living situation changes.   So, my question is, what should I do with...