or Connect

Posts by Penelope

Kerc, we're leaving the 19th, iirc! PM me and we'll see if we can meet up! I'm currently stuck at the airport in DC - my flight home got delayed from 4:45 to 10:55. Sigh. I'm watching a Netflick on the Weatherman Underground, have gotten a few new books for the Kindle, eaten dinner and a cookie, and am trying not to be disgruntled.
Nic, I hope the house-hunting takes a turn for the awesome.   I *finally* have my room more or less packed - I bought books without taking into account how much space I (don't) have. But I think it'll work. I'm really sad my seminar is over but think the experience was really good for me and will bear fruits professionally.   RR: nice 4m, although I was super-slow since I'm recovering from a bad cold. Now onto NE, then MT... my head is kind of spinning!
Gaye, great RR!   Zub, congratulations.   JG, glad you're going for the second opinion. Sounds like a really smart choice.   FM Report: I biked 33 miles yesterday to Walden Pond and back. Wowza! Lots of "terrain," as it were, and I'm sore but had a great time. I have a miserable cold but just chugged along and took my cold medicine and made the best of it. And swam in Walden Pond - amazing.   Hoping for a bike ride tomorrow but we'll see how far I get on...
JG, ugh on the movement restrictions. I'm sorry.  Makes sense to get a second opinion and take care of yourself and pooh on your dh for not being helpful in his comments.   RR: I did a nice 5m this morning (yay!) but am now feeling kinda sluggish and tired. Well, I guess I was up until almost 1am listening to live blues guitar music and then slept badly and was up at 6, so... I did nap, and bought some tylenol for my recurring headaches. Probably the bourbon I had...
Gaye, you're so beautiful and the scenery is just amazing.   FM: I biked 10m in pouring rain, destroying my phone in the process. I think I can probably get a charger for my old phone which is in my computer bag - there's a place in Harvard Square. But man, I'm a moron.  I'm thinking of biking on Sat. or Sun. to Walden Pond, as it's only about 15m and if the weather is decent would be one of those epic adventures. I'm not quite inclined to do it alone without a...
RR: Nice 4m yesterday. Rented a bike for the duration of my stay here but it's raining today - I might try for a quick spin anyway. I'm feeling crushed by my regular work-style obligations and not able to adequately bitch about stuff that is either too petty or my own fault, but is still causing me stress.   My seminar is going well. I'm pleased.
RR: 2.5 around Cambridge, and my rental bike arrives tomorrow afternoon. Hoping to get a good longer run in tomorrow morning. Am liking it well thus far but miss the kids like crazy.
Hey, mamas!   RR: I did a very slow 4.2m this morning with only a bit of knee pain at the end, so while a half on July 12 is out I think, I'm starting to feel hopeful about running again.   Less hopeful about marriage stuff. I'm trying to take care of myself and get finances in order as much as I can. It's grim.   Leaving for a month on Sunday, and I'm not exactly ready, so that's the  goal for today and tomorrow. Pack, pack the kids, weed the veggie...
Geo - craft projects you would like to do someday? House renovations or house design? (I could spend 12 miles talking about what I think I might do to my kids' bathroom someday...)   RR: I ran 3 yesterday and had planned to run 5 but instead walked because my knee hurt. Man...   Taking the kids to a summer art festival today, I think... they have to come with to my PT appointment which feels a little stressful and then dh is doing a church thing 8-3 so we're on...
It's affiliated with extremely socially conservative causes, and IMO is not especially pro-woman. So if that matters to you you might do some research before deciding.