or Connect

Posts by laurakathy

Anyone still out there? After a week of veyr sick girls and lots of ice and snow, I need some motivation!!!
I stumbled upon this thread...and can't really "answer" your question, but....our daughter had a frenulum release surgery at about 1.5 yo. It was amazing! By that night, even her cries sounded different.   She still has some oral-motor issues, sensory stuff, etc....but the tongue-tie surgery helped a lot with her speech/sounds...She still has some asymmetry, etc....at the time we had just started with an SLP and I can't really say if things got better after the surgery...
Hi All,   I had a fabulous weekend in NYC - with lots of full-fat, creamy foods, wine, desserts, etc., etc., etc....so now time to get back to it!! Just thought I'd check in....   I was hoping to get myself out for a walk today/this evening but am having trouble figuring out when I can do it....if I can't, I'll try to do an exercise video or some-such after the kids are in bed.   Laura
Ugh - I just lost my post.   Anyways - I think I was saying that you Ladies are very inspiring!! I have NEVER been one to exercise much or diet....now that I am nearing 40 (37 this year) it is becoming quite clear I need to pay more attention to my health!!!   Right now I am focusing on making the time to exercise....so far that is taking the form of walking. I have been getting out with the girls each day...once they tire of walking, I put them in the stroller...
Amanda - Sorry to hear about the dishwasher and the meltdowns.....no fun! And good luck on the position change....I worked overnights for a while in my former life - I cannot imagine doing it with children. Out of curiosity - are you thinking about one of those "couch to 5k" programs? Are you/were you ever a runner?   I hope the meltdowns are down for the day, Laura
Okay - my last post motivated me....instead of "surfing the net" on my lunch break I went out and walked "briskly" for 1/2 hour. I also scheduled a hair cut for this afternoon as that it always something I put off and I have been feeling so frumpy as of late - maybe a haircut will help??
So....how do we start?     My big struggle with exercise right now is making the time - especially now that is is COLD and there are so few hours of daylight. For a bit, I would wake up and walk while my partner showered and the girls slept....then they woke up while we were both occupied and got scared....Sometimes I walk after they are asleep, but I have been having trouble with that as of late....partially the cold and partially because I want to "just veg" for...
Hi! I rarely visit this website but happened to do so yesterday and saw your post.....as I was contemplating getting into shape.... A lot of what was going on in my mind is in your post, so it seems I should join you.   I am a mom of two girls (ages 2.5 and 3.5)...since #2 came along I have been working 3 days/week and, until recently, the other two weekdays were filled with EI therapy appointments for DD#2. Well, she has made HUGE progress and we now have only a...
Wow! Thanks, everyone. You are all so right...I think I was getting nervous because people, including her pediatrician, have suggested she would get sick if she tried it. What you've said - that she won't miss something she has never had - makes TOTAL sense. We have both been vegetarians for over 15 years so, luckily, our families are quite used to it and (most of them??) will respect our decision. Thanks again for all of the input...: Laura
My DP and I are both vegetarians and plan on feeding our DD a vegetarian diet. However, we are not against her trying meat when visiting others (most of our familiy members/close friends eat meat). She is not quite 8 months and a lot of people are suggesting we intro meat at about 9 months (which we are not currently planning on). So, here is the question: Should we introduce meat so that she doesn't get sick when she (almost inevitably) eats it...