or Connect

Posts by noahs.mom06

Well, my birth was only about 3 hours, everything went so fast and baby's heart tones weren't overly reassuring due to how fast she was moving down, so I didn't get to use it :( It looked super comfy though, and it was great dry...
How exciting! I hope things pick up for you and your labor kicks in soon! I've been having "labor" pretty much every night since Sunday (tonight's the first night actually that I haven't had contractions every few minutes), but it keeps stopping... I hope yours isn't like mine!
www.contractionmaster.com is a super easy online contraction timer, you just click the button or push the "s" button when contractions start and stop, and it keeps track of everything (how far apart they are, and how long they are lasting). It's also available as an app for your iPhone... we just have crappy cheap cell phones so I have used the online version. Thought it might come in handy for everyone! I used it last night already, had about 3-4 hours of contractions 3...
We still haven't picked a girl name we totally agree on. We have a boy name, although we're not 100% on the middle name (I am, but DH would like something different). So, the baby will probably be a girl ;)
That happened at one of my midwife appointments too, sometime before we had our ultrasound at 25 weeks :) The midwife actually sent my husband and kids outside to listen better, because she could hear the heartbeat in multiple places and I was measuring at least 4-5 weeks ahead... Just one baby though :)
37 weeks, good to go for our homebirth! Baby is LOA/LOT, cervix is soft and starting to open, and I'm having lots of practice waves :)    
Have they ruled out IUGR? The fact that the baby seems to be getting further behind for dates the farther you get doesn't seem right to me... my DD had IUGR. Otherwise, I would probably start making sure things are ready... but I have also noticed that I have more contractions (and more serious feeling contractions) when I am in the car. I think it's positional... Drink lots of water, take it easy... maybe ask about the IUGR thing, they can do an ultrasound and check...
Way back in the beginning of my pregnancy I was planning really far ahead, and had done some searching here of the different tub options... I found a couple of threads where people had decked out their troughs and made them super comfy looking, and that got my wheels turning :) Then a week or two ago we measured in our room to discover that the La Bassine my midwife usually uses would take up virtually every available inch of floor space, so my mind went back to the cool...
We got a horse trough to use as our birth tub, because the La Bassine that my midwife uses would take up pretty much ALL of the extra floor space in our room, and I want to birth in our room... It cost us $60 at a local farm & ranch store, and with the additions I made to make it comfy, it is probably about $75 total. Here is a link to the album I made on Facebook telling the steps of how my friend/doula and I got it all decked out and ready to birth in :)...
RRL tea should NOT start labor. But, I know that my midwife doesn't recommend drinking it if you are at risk for preterm labor (for example, I had a yeast infection around 20/24 weeks and was having a lot of contractions, and she said to stop drinking it then).