or Connect

Posts by Anguschick1

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. Mackenzie
Would this be because the servers are in AZ and AZ doesn't recognize Daylight Savings Time?
I'm not sure if your post was directed towards me or not, but I feel the need to respond. This forum is a discussion forum, not support only. Thus, when a person makes her post, we (collective "we") are all eager to help as best as we see fit. That is - I am for INFORMED CONSENT. And a doctor saying that "hey you're uncomfortable and over 40 weeks (which btw is a birth date estimate, not expiration date) lets just set up your induction" is not informed consent. Now,...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommyof2soon2b3 Some of these posts are a little upsetting...My mom was overwieght when she had my brother and he was 2 weeks late...My mom got induced at 42 weeks there weren't any medical risks she was just late but when my brother was born he had meconium in his lungs...he had baked too long... my brother was in nicu for weeks because of this and he was NOT small 8lbs 12oz my moms smallest baby Just wanted to point...
Quote: Originally Posted by primjillie I always have to laugh when everyone says the baby will come when he/she is ready. I never went into labor on my own with any of my three children. My first was a month late (and I am sure of my dates) and had to be induced. Even when they unhooked me from the pitocin to wheel me into the delivery, my labor just stopped. They had me wait until I was three weeks late with the second baby and two weeks with the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenelle With #2 they induced with Cytotec (which I know, I know I should not admit here) Just wanted to say DO NOT CONSENT TO CYTOTEC!!! http://www.motherjones.com/news/outf.../01/labor.html From above article: Quote: What Altomare did not know was that Cytotec has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use in pregnant women. The drug, made by G.D. Searle Corporation, is approved...
I know this thread is ancient, but a friend of mine and I were just talking about this and I told her I'd bump it.
Britax Marathon is up to 33 pounds, rear-facing. I wouldn't do it. I'd load the vehicles as much as I could, but either leave a seat in the back for your ds to sit in or plan to leave him at home while you moved vehicles (with someone watching him, of course!) Statiscally, most accidents happen w/in 10 miles of your destination and it really doesn't matter how well *you're* driving. And fyi, if you're driving on a highway 10 mph lower than the posted speed limit,...
Just wanted to poke my nose in & say that what has worked w/my parents is one topic at a time. In this instance I'd choose the no spanking cause over the over-praising cause. Oh & one phrase that has always worked is, "You got to mess us up in your time, now's my chance to mess my kids up." Said w/humor, my parents get it & don't feel threatened or judged (which is the quickest way to make them shut down.) Good luck!