or Connect

Posts by Anguschick1

Can you buy some satin fabric in the same color tone (or a complementing color) and sew that onto the bottom in a wide strip and then as a sort of bias tape along the sides? I made dark navy blue velvet panels for my friend (who had a very white, very hairy cat) and she wanted the curtains to go to the floor (a very luxurious look that goes well w/velvet, I think) but I figured that the cat would be attracted to the curtains like fleas to a dog. I sewed a 20 inch...
Not at all...it's scary easy. I'm looking forward to canning on my new stove - it has a "power burner"! The hardest part for me is keeping enough water boiling to cover the lids well. Basically, you cook whatever it is you're canning, boil your jars/lids to sterilize them, pour the hot/warm food into the jar (use a wide-mouth funnel, trust me on this one) leaving enough headspace (1/2inch to an inch, usually), set the lid on it, lightly screw on the ring, boil in the...
My grandma (and I still do this sometimes) wrapped items in wax paper, then butcher paper or newsprint. Items still keep, just not as long. She'd can (water bath for soups, presure cooker for meat,) soups/cooked meat rather than freezing them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Amys1st When making a dish that you freezer for later to cook: Line the pan you are using with AL foil. Make the dish, freeze. The next day lift it out in the shape and pack it to freeze. When ready to cook, get the pan, spray it w cooking spray, unwrap the dish and discard foil. Place in pan, bake! You get your pan back. Sometimes I freeze in a al foil line circle/pie shape pyrex so its the shape of my pots. Then I stick...
Too Funny! This weekend I was at a harvest party. Some random drunk guy got in my face and yells, "And just where do you think you're going, Em?" I said, "Excuse me, and why is it any of your business where I'm going?" His 10 year old daughter, Emily, was standing behind, getting ready to go out the front door.
KaitnBugsmom
Do you butcher your own? Or can you take your chickens to a butcher and have them do it? There's some talk between my dad, dh and I about raising chickens on my dad's farm but he (dad) wants to butcher them ourselves, dh wants to not have to "deal with that at all" and I think that we could probably have someone come do it for us for a small fee/a couple of chickens. So...what do you chicken raisers do?
Ds1 used a sign for a while (hand to open mouth) which quickly evolved into yelling into his hand while moving his hand back and forth over his mouth (I'm trying to think of how to explain it - we call it cowboy whoops! over here). During pregnancy, he started calling it gunk so now we have gunk. And actually, I need to ammend my prior statement, we have "gunk" and we have "other side." Gunk is my left breast and when ds1 is done w/that he goes for other side. Silly...
How did you find out your cc was stolen? Was it through fraud protection services calling you? And how did he steal it? Sil/bil lived in Mammoth Hot Springs until Feb of 2005, then moved out to VT and now they're divorced, sil is back at Mammoth until the end of the month when she's moving to Grand Canyon for a job there. She started as a ranger, many moons ago and now works as a l.e. dispatcher. Her then husband was in law enforcement for the NPS, then FBI, then NPS...
Zoebird, can you post directions on how to make a circle skirt? I have tons of fabric around, might be fun to play with.