or Connect

Posts by Anguschick1

Please don't feel the need to keep your birth story short, details details, details, it's all in the details like Chiro_Kristin said. Congratulations Mama! Enjoy settling in and getting to know each other at home. Welcome to the world Nathanael!
Gentle, peaceful, calming birthing vibes being sent your way. Good luck, you CAN do this!
We had the full moon/storm last night too, and I've been thinking all along that if nothing happened last night, it's not going to happen until September. We're going to the Farmer's Market this morning, finishing up the playroom this afternoon, setting up the birth tub/filling it at some point this weekend and I hope to get to the park w/ds and dh for some good quality swinging. Tomorrow dh and I are going to a movie while mil watches ds and we're making chicken on...
Oink! Oink! If it wasn't for being a mama-pig I'm not sure how I would have gotten through the first year of ds's life. And ohhh, it's been a lifesaver throughout this pregnancy as well. Now, off to swine it up w/ds, it's past our bedtimes...
Congratulations Mama! Welcome to the world Lily! I have the name of a great IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) who lives in the Villa Park/Lombard area. She really helped after ds was born and came home w/no latch, nipple confusion, he was extremely sleepy, I had overactive let-down, blah, blah, blah. Let me know if you want me to give you her info and good luck! Ds is still nursing at 27 months - so it does get better! And one piece of...
Great list! I think your dp should help w/#3, he should assume the "pelvic thrusting" position (it's what got you here, isn't it?) w/his hands on his hips and rythmically thrust to your "baby, uh, baby, uh" while chanting "oga-chacka, oga-chacka" If all that fails, my sister swears that if you plan a pampering day at the spa, your baby will arrive the day before - it worked for her twice!
Wow! Sounds like a great birth, great job Holly! Way to go Mama on producing milk for your beautiful baby! Welcome to the world Charlotte!
Ohhh, that picture of Andrew and your two girls is beautiful - so much love in one place. I'm sorry that your birth didn't go as you had hoped/planned. It took me about a year to really get to process ds's birth and I still mourn parts of it 27 months later. Give yourself time and space and the healing will come. I know, not easy w/your children around, but know that it's ok to be happy that Andrew is here and sad that it didn't happen the way you wanted it to and...
Wonderful news! Way to go mama! Welcome to the world Jonas!
Mil = Grandma First Name Fil = Grandpa First Name Fil Fiance = Ms. First Name My Mom = Crazy Grandma Lady (or CGL for short) My Dad = Grandpa My mom used to always stick her face in ds's when he was little and make all these crazy faces/noises so I'd tell ds that it was that "crazy grandma lady again." She called herself that a couple of times too and it's stuck. For her birthday we painted a canvas bag and wrote on it "Crazy Grandma Lady's Bag of Important...