or Connect

Posts by ZoeJane'sMommy

Well thanks for all the advice, I did start out with small doses of pictocin and didn't get very far and had to have an emergency c-section. He had been trying to get out all along but was just way too big for my canal. He was 9lbs 9oz and was 22 inches long. Most of his weight is in his head. I love my hospital and they did everything I asked and were very supportive. I am sad I could not VBAC but in the end I have a beautiful and healthy little boy so what more could I...
Thanks ladies for so supportive. And yes the gel is gentler along with the strip thing but since it directly causes dilation or contractions of the cervix it has been said that it leads to rupture or something. But if you have not had a csection those other methods are much more gentle and most of the time you can use one and go home until you labor gets closer so you do not have to be monitored in the hospital and you can stay more relaxed.   And thanks for the...
I already had my membranes stripped on monday, and my doctor does not use the the pill insert/jel or the strip (that has something on it I cant remember) for VBAC's. Recent studies show that it increases the risk of uterine rupture by alot. Starting out at a very small amount of pictocin, and only if I am already dilated to a 3 or 4, is the only type of induction she will do. I am going to one of the most progressive hospitals in my state, they have the most current...
Are you past due and upset?? I am and can't believe I am at 41 w 2 d and if you ask me because I know what day I O'd and what day we DTD I am 41 w 5 d.
Okay, I am at a crossroads and need some input. I had a csection with my child because of fetal distress. I am so desperate to have a natural birth this or even to just start labor on my own. I have tried everything and I have not gone into labor yet, which I know is quite common for a 41 week 2 day person. When I started this process of a VBAC I researched myself quick to find the best route to take and I read that it is safer to have a successful VBAC then a second...
Thanks so much for all the responses. My chiro said it could take up to 48 hours and that I might need a second treatment (but didn't get on because I was sick) and now he is closed today. It will be 48 hours at 3pm today and still nothing. But let me tell you I have had some teeth problem this pregnancy and was going to wait until baby came to get it fixed then right after seeing chiro my pain became unbearable and I went to a dentist. I now have an abscessed tooth and...
Oh I really hope this happens to me. I have a really bad tooth that the root is dying and I have to get it pulled since we thought my baby was coming at any moment we decidedto wait until he was born and I have beenon some pretty strong meds. That was last friday night, and still no baby. If he doesn't come tonight or first thing I am going to dentist tomorrow to beg to pull my tooth.........i have never experienced this much pain before and I really hate pumping these...
Yeah I read that when I was researching. And he did tell me I may need two treatments, but he did say that he has seen women with no treatments go into labor. But like you said it wouldn't hurt and I got a back and hip adjustment with it, so that was a nice plus!
Okay, I am 41 weeks now and only trying natural induction idea's for my VBAC. I have tried absolutely everything that would only bring on baby if he was ready and nothing has worked. I have been having good but not regular contractions since sunday night. So my mom came home and said her chiropractor does acupuncture (and he is one of the best in our city) and she would pay for it. Everything I have read said it was very safe and I contact my OBGYN and they are fine with...
I think you should just take things slow and let happen what happens. Yes it took me until just last week when I hit 40 weeks to understand this and relax but it really helps. I was constantly stressing out and thinking baby will be here anytime because this is my second one and everyone, i mean literally everyone, told me that the second baby always comes earlier and faster. It was only hear that i heard the truth and hopefully this will help you to. I am now 41 weeks...