or Connect

Posts by maddymama

I love getting free books on my Kindle!!! I also love to read on it while I'm nursing my LO to sleep at night.  :-) ~maddymama
Hi Mama, I'm an emotional eater, too.  Here's what I try- going for a walk... to clear my head, to get out of the  house, etc.  I also try to talk to whoever is bothering me instead of eating what I want to say.  That takes more guts than  I have sometimes, but the result is usually really worth it.   I would like to eat less when I am stressed, but I am really trying to just eat healthier when I'm stressed sometimes.  Instead of a bag of chips, I'm trying to eat...
So.... I did W4D1 today, and it was easier than I thought it was going to be.  It could all be due to the fact that the kidlets stayed home with DH and I ran alone without a jogging stroller for the first time in a few weeks.  :-0 ~maddymama
Happy Birthday Motivated Mama! ~maddymama
Motivation is a hard one for me, too. I am trying to reward myself for a job well done and trying hard not to beat myself up if I slip up.   That said, I've lost 15 lbs total!  Yeah.  I hit my first mini-goal.... and I scheduled a one houe massage for Sunday!  Yippee! ~maddymama
Haven't read the posts.... My parents got me a Kindle and a book light when DD2 was born.  It was a lifesaver.  I can read a ton when DD nurses at night, hold it with one hand, and it does not bother her (or my DH).  Also, if I finish one book, there are hundreds of free books saved on my K for me to choose from to read next.  It is my perfect solution to nighttime nursing crazies. If you like to read, especially in the quiet of the night, you might want to consider...
My impression was that RRL is not good for breastfeeding- don't remember the details, but that it dries up milk.  You might want to research that before you drink it after the baby is born.  I don't know about the others... Good luck! ~maddymama
Hi Mama, Toddlers are also very efficient nursers, so she might be able to get a ton of milk out quickly (within a minute) and she might want more if she's going through a growth spurt. If you are concerned, which it sounds like you are, you might want to pretend like she's a newborn, cancel all outside appointments, and just spend a day or two nursing and cuddling, resting, drinking lots of water, etc.   I'm not a big drinker, but a big glass of dark beer always...
Wow, mama, that sounds painful.  Is it like a blister?  I would probably see a dr. incase it's something that's infected, or if it's something that might eventually lead to mastitis.  That's just my 2 cents. good luck ~maddymama
Hi Mama, How frustrating for you. The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding has some good information that helped me with the latch of my baby.  You may want to get a copy of the book and read that chapter... some things I learned are:   I would try to aim the nipple towards the roof of the baby's mouth while encouraging your baby to open WIDE for the latch.  Also, you may want to sandwich your breast to help your baby get a good mouthful while latching on.   You may...