or Connect

Posts by maddymama

With DD1 who was a frequent nurser (not quite to your extreme), I had to withdraw the nipple at nap time for several days in a row before she just decided to sleep without it.... we have several naps where she acted like you described.  Finally one day she was sooo tired (I think we went to the playground for 2 hours that morning) that she just rolled over and slept through the nipple withdrawl.  After that it was two steps forwards, one step back type of a thing before...
Hi Mama, We are going off of the information you gave us, if you think it's a medical thing then PLEASE contact your pedi and have medical issues, gastro issues, or allergies weeded out before you do anything else. As the mama, you know your kiddo the best.  Follow your gut. Also, breastfeeding is a relationship and it has to work for the both of you.  If having him nursing the entire time he naps is hard on you, work with him to nurse to sleep and then over a period...
Hi Mama, I agree with pps... and the book mentioned above might be really helpful to you.  It sounds like you are in a frustrating situation. Have you tried replacing some nursing sessions with someother special activity for the two of you?  This may be your LOs best way of connecting with you, and he may be sensing your frustration.  Can you replace/delay a feeding with a special book, art activity, cooking project with you, trip to the playground, etc? Good...
I love my Avent Isis pump.... pumps alot of milk quickly for me! ~maddymama
Hi Mama, According to The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, having your milk come in on day 3 is still on the early side.  The colustrum your milk produces in the first few days of your baby's life is important and not to be rushed.  Also, some weightloss after birth is normal- your body helps your baby bulkup a bit before labor so that your little one doesn't need more than colustrum for a few days. If you want your milk to come in quickly.... do what others posting...
Hi Mama, I love the Bravado nursing tanks much more than the Glamourmom ones.  I also really like the newer Target ones... the ones that support  your breasts a bit more than the shelf bra ones..the full sling ones rather than the side...
Maddymama here.... went back to doing Week2 Day 1- it was easy.  Did W2D2 today and really got to push it... taking the time off (but still working out with 30 Day Shred) didn't leave me as far behind as I thought I was going to be.  I think I'm going to do W3 D1 later on this week. ~Maddymama
Advice please? So I completed W2 over a week ago.  Since then we've had a bit of a rough spot (pipe rupture in our house- living withour in-laws, bad weather,  bad stomach bug, etc.) and I haven't C25K'd in 10+ days.  I have been trying to exercise (30 Day Shred), but haven't done any running or cardio since I finished W2D3. When I start again tomorrow, where should I start? Week 1, Week 2, or Week 3? I'm tempted to say week 1, but I don't want to get discouraged...
Augh... what a week.  Last Thursday I was so proud of myself for losing 10+ lbs in a month.  Later that day we had a pipe burst in a deep freeze and flood our house.  We are currently staying with my  in-laws.  Then on Monday my youngest started passing around a stomach bug that really knocked me on my butt.  Despite all this craziness, I still have been trying really hard to work out daily (videos- no C25K running) and eating healthy (hard to do with my butter loving...
OK, so I'm not saying my starting weight, or my goal weight.  I just wanted to say that in 4 weeks, I've lost 11 lbs.  Yippee for me! ~maddymama