or Connect

Posts by maddymama

Hi Mama, We went through a mild version of this with DD1 when she was around 2.  She was going through some other stuff, but a few things helped her.  #1- I acted like I wanted to be with her 24 hours a day, even if I didn't.  She was fighting about me pulling away from her.  If I acted like I wanted to be with her 24/7 then it reassured her to a large degree.  #2) I would sit in the room with my DH and DD sometimes, but not interact with either of them at all.... let...
Nina, I'm on week 2 of the couch to 5K.  I am so proud of you for finishing it.  What are you going to do afterwards? (I'm thinking ahead here....) Are there anygood training podcasts for running?  I'm thinking of starting the C25K over again, but joggin slowly for the walking and pushing the runs to increase my health.  I don't think I'll be able to add time to my workout with two kids, but I'm looking for ways to increase/keep my fitness level once I get there. I'm...
Hi Mamas, Shelly4-- don't eat your feelings.  Your sadness at your son being diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes is SADNESS.  Give yourself permission to feel your feelings, have a good cry or two, feel your pain.  Don't eat it.  I think sometimes we think "Oh, well, it's been three years, I've had time to get used to it." but in reality, we are still dealing with a difficult diagnosis (mine was a miscarriage a few years ago......).   Anyway, give yourself permission to be...
white knuckling is when you have to do it all and be perfect and have such a tight grip on it that it consumes your life.  Think of some diets that people are on food wise for losing weight that they individual "CAN NOT CHEAT ON" or else they loose it.  That's an example of white knuckling it. If you can leave a task or two and feel good about yourself then you probably aren't white knuckling it.  BTW, I don't clean the light fixtures.  Eventually I will, but right now...
I AM NOT A DOCTOR-- does it your knee hurt only when you run, all day, or when you put certain pressure on it? If you were me, I'd back off for a few days (maybe down a week, slow your pace while jogging and work on your form, stretch more before and after jogging).  Pain isn't normal,  nor should it be tolerated.  Keep in mind that you are working on a lifestyle change by getting into running, don't hurt yourself now and put yourself out of commission for a longer...
How long have you been doing MM?  Are you "white knuckling" it?  I did the list perfectly for the first few weeks, but then backed off and did the majority of the list the majority of the time once I got in the rhythm of MM.  I think I also try to include my kiddos in completing the list whenever possible (help load the laundry, wash the windows, dust, wipe off the kitchen table, pick up clutter, etc.).   I *really* need to put them to work cleaning our shower, bc that...
I'm 37.  I have about 30 lbs to lose.  I, too, mainly want to be fit and to have my clothes fit better. ~maddymama
I just finished W1D2 today. The minute jog/runs seem to go by quickly. The walking intervals inbetween are great. I end up finishing a bit farther from home both days (weird jogging trail near my house) so I've walked an extra 5-10 minutes afterwards to get home. I've downloaded a free mp3 podcast (ullrey?) to listen to. Not crazy about the music, but I love the audio cues for running and walking. My big problem is that I hate pushing the jogging stroller while I am...
DD1 has been going through this, too.... and for awhile the drs. thought she had leukemia (scary!) but she didn't.  She has had a major growth spurt for the past year (put on almost 10 lbs and has grown several inches) so we think that has played into it. Good luck! ~maddymama
Love this thread!  Here vis mine... it's gotten me through a rough fall....      from Tiffany Wilson at the 2007 It's My Life conference:     "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,   It's about dancing in the rain."