or Connect

Posts by maddymama

Hi Mama, Can you ask you son about it some more...? I think of spending family time together (making cookies, playing board games, having fun together) good quality family time as a moment of "peace and joy."  Or go on a nature walk and find peace in the quiet.... or joy through adopting a pet. Good luck! ~maddymama
nak, & typing one handed. congrats on making it this far! Also know that dropping a feeding here  or there doesn't necessarily mean immediate weaning... it's part of a normal progression.  you los might want to nurse less but still continue nursing for many months to come.... ~maddy mama
Don't know how much this will help you, but our pediatrician talked with us about this a few years ago.  His advice was to saline out the  nose alot in the few days prior to flying, and then to do it before and during each flight.... that should help relieve alot of the congestion and discomfort.  He also advised against the use of Benadryl during flights because of the altitude and how the body responds to dosing differently.  We did this with our DD1 (tons of saline)...
Hi Mama, I haven't even looked at it yet, but my DD who is 4.5 is really wanting the Olivia dollhouse/ship thingy.  I don't know anything about it.  It looks like it might be fun for kids to play beyond a regular dollhouse set up. DD is getting a microphone karaoke thing for Xmas from my mother.  She doesn't know about it yet, but I think this will be her favorite gift...
  Hi Mama, Here is my experience, kids will potty learn when they are ready to learn and not a minute sooner. It sounds like you have been through the ringer lately and that you are doing all the right things. I'd pretty much drop it for a bit (other than talking about it alot).  I *might* just focus on one or two potties a day (maybe first thing in the morning and right after nap) and try to get 100% success on those before I tried anything else. It also sounds...
HI Mama, This sounds rough, and very similar to a phase my 4.5 year old went through a few months ago.  I read Playful Parenting by Cohen (I believe?) and he talks about one way to handle the "too attached" part.  The author writes that you should be (playfully- not mockingly) overly attached to your child, ham it up, and let your child explore attachment/separation in a safe way.  I used to say things like, "I have to go to the bathroom but I'm scared to leave my...
DD1 was about 2 when she announed to the world "Daddy has a cock!  Daddy has a cock!"  I thought my DH was going to die from embarrassment infront of the 50 or so people in the room.  What DD1 was trying to say was "Daddy has a CLock (watch)! Daddy has a CLock (watch)!" I still giggle like crazy every time I remember it......... ~maddymama
Hi Mama, Nursing is a relationship, a two-way street.  You need to be happy too, and being bitten at night does not make anyone happy. How frustrating! If you know that she starts to loosen her jaw when she starts to fall asleep, can you slip your finger in at the corner of her mouth and unlatch her before she has the chance to hurt you?  She might get frustrated, but she'll learn. She's definitely old enough to learn how to not hurt you.  It might be a rough...
Hi mama, I agree with pp that you should let your supply regualte itself before you pump too much, but I think it's a great idea if you are all comfortable with it.  I have a nursing 15 month old and a 4 year old (who weaned at 2 years of age).  Last week my 4 year old got the rotavirus BAD and I pumped a few ounces of BM for her for the first few days of intense vomiting.  It was the ONLY thing she could keep down.  She cried for more each time I gave her a small cup...
I think it's ok to eat nuts during breastfeeding if there are no nut allergies in your direct family.  If you are concerned, call a LC or contact a LLL Leader to see what they say. ~maddymama