or Connect

Posts by womenswisdom

I believe private schools do not have to abide by exemption laws unless they take any money from the state. They are free to set their own policies.
Medicaid should cover a CNM (almost all of which practice in hospital) but not any DEMs or CPMs (which are who attends out of hospital births almost exclusively in Ohio). because they are not licensed in Ohio.
I was also told that my plan was grandfathered - meaning that there had been no significant changes to the plan or our payment since the Affordable Care Act was passed and therefore the plan was not yet subject to the Act. The intent was to allow consumers to keep their existing plans but also exempted those plans from having to comply until there was a significant change in the plan. I found this website that explained it further:...
It depends on what state you are in.
Have you had your oxygen saturation levels checked? It very well could just be that the baby is pressing on your diaphragm, making you feel like you can't catch your breath (I have this intermittently and it's very difficult) but since it seems pretty constant, I would want to make sure that you are oxygenating well and there is not some other issue. Once you know that all is normal, it will probably be much easier to let the anxiety go, which will help break the vicious...
What have you tried so far? I just tell my kids what they need to do (usually as in "When you've finished xyz, then you can go outside) and have been cultivating better habits by reminding them in the moment - like putting dirty clothes in the hamper, clearing their own dishes and putting away food they get out since I'm so pregnant and feeling very manatee-like right now and I know I will need them to do those things after the baby is here. And when I need my dh to help...
Would the vaccine even prevent you from getting it post-exposure? I know when newborns are exposed to Hep B, they are given hep b immune globulin (HBIG) (and the vax, because they will clearly be around a positive individual).
I've been working on this recently too...36 weeks now so time is running out! Re: transfer birth plan. My backup OB's hospital is very good about accepting homebirth transfers and I've been with clients who have transferred so I know what to expect. I plan to have a statement at the top explaining that I was planning a home birth (and therefore very low-intervention) and that I appreciate the hospital accommodating that plan in whatever way is still possible given the...
You are not in labor. Your labor is not stalled. This is a normal pattern (although many women with this pattern are talked into an induction, believing something is wrong with them, so we don't usually know many women this has happened to.) With my first, I was 5cm before I got induced and not in labor at all. I had a similar pattern to yours - weeks of contractions with a little bit of progress at a time. If I could go back, I would never have gotten induced, because it...
No, you should not have offered her a job where she reports to you. However, since you are her direct supervisor and you are allowing her to continue being employed without doing her job, then her performance *should* reflect badly on you. Your job is to make sure that your employees perform their duties and if not, that that is handled appropriately. You should treat her like any other employee and use the approved process to log any issues, which will likely lead to her...