or Connect

Posts by monkey's mom

No plane hit Tower 7.   Even the FEMA report says this the first time a steel building was taken down by fire alone. And at the conclusion of their report they say they don't know how it happened, but that further studies should be done. Further studies were not done. The next official study was the NIST report that never even mentioned Tower 7.   We don't know why this happened. It never happened before. It's never happened again. It defies everything we know...
No, it's really not that. And I'm not trying to be combative.    I'm just really confused by the suggestion that a candle, given the right conditions, could behave like a blow torch. And acting like that is a given.   Steel melts at a certain temerature. 1800 degrees, if I recall correctly. The average fire is going to maintain somewhere in the low to mid hundreds of degrees. Of course there can be flashes or hot spots that could reach into the low...
A 1300 degree variation? That's a monumental stretch. Air is not going to bring a normal fire of an office building up 1000+ degrees to the point where steel would melt. There is only so much potential energy in each item. To overcome that difference in degrees, yes, it would take a miracle.   And molten pools that went on for weeks and weeks? That's simply not possible with the potential energy that the building and its contents would contain based on every thing we...
But that's just it, if all three buildings did not support the kind of fireproofing and steel that would withstand heat testing, they never should have passed building code. Either the building material (in all three buildings) was extraordinarily sub par or there were items in the building that were outrageously outside the norm of flammable. Those buildings did not burn and collapse in any way close to what we absolutely know about office fires, high rise fires, or the...
But in this case, it seems to defy science. The official reports state that rugs, curtains, papers, and office furniture created enough heat to melt metal. That's simply not possible. Beyond that, after several HOURS, those items are consumed and long gone.
The info about Bush's brother was news to me. And wasn't there an entire shut-down of the towers that weekend--all cameras off, all locks off, and a ton of workers inside installing cable? And that the terror alert level had just been reduced?   I mean, again, this isn't a smoking gun.....but damn....shouldn't we know about this. Know that these security folks are affiliated with Bush (and backed by Kuwaitis, no?)?   I mean it all just doesn't add...
I read the Popular Mechanics piece. It didn't really explain how a structure fire would melt steel. Or how all three collapses were completely straight down. If "one side starts going down" first it's going to topple. A 100% synchronized, straight line blow out is not how fully involved buildings collapse. It's just not. My husband is a fire fighter, my best friends are fire fighters--they know the temps at which things burn (to regulate how much heat their gear can...
  This thread has prompted me to poke around on this issue, and I found this interesting site re. building 7 and the 1500 engineers and architects who claim the official version of events to be implausible.There is an ad they've done and when one pauses the clip at the 9 second mark, the perfect row of vertical blow outs down one side of the building look very, very strange to me--there is no way a fire blew out windows in such a synchronized way. It is very strange....
Yeah, the CNN commentary was ri.dic.u.lous.   "Now look here...he's using the stallite guide! And he's wrapped in a blanket! With...what we BELIEVE to be a knit cap! Look, look....here he is stroking his beard!! A beard, which is WHITE!"   LOL. Get a grip.
  So sad....