or Connect

Posts by merebella

Hi ladies, So my 22 week old DS is healthily on the growth chart (16 pounds) but has lost some and has given up sleeping a 5-6 hour stretch for feeding every 1-2 hours around the clock.  I used to be able to pump a couple ounces at least in between feedings, and now I can barely get half an ounce.  He pulls and pulls at the breast after a few minutes, trying to get another let-down and I just don't have more. I've started pumping regularly and added goat's rue and...
Hi there! Congratulations!   I can't speak much to UM, but I can give you a little info on the ABC.  We went through the midwives at Metro Partners In Womens Health for our first birth.  I really liked them, and our short time in the ABC was good. We had complications in birth, though, and ended up being transferred to the regular LandD in the hospital where we had a CS.  That experience was not great. It was not really anyone's fault, as much as it was the perfect...
So, my ds is only 2.5, so this is not a pressing concern, but people keep asking me about if I'm putting him in preschool this year, and if not, assuming I will do so next year, and my only response so far is that I say that I'm not anxious to hurry him into school, that I really enjoy having him at home.  It really bugs, me, actually, the mentality that as soon as you are having another baby, (which we are) you should push your first baby out the door with mother's day...
Here's the number to her Troy office, follow the prompts to Women's Health.  :)   1-248-680-6088    
Hi there! I'm in Metro Detroit, too, and am hopefully having a vbac in October.  Where are you planning on delivering?  I'm seeing midwives out of Henry Ford West Bloomfield, which is a hike for me, but I believe the very best vbac hospital in the area, no question.  Any chance you could deliver there?    I brought up declining efm, and the midwife was not particularly phased. She said she'd be recommending it because it's hospital policy, but is fine to give me a...
I'm on the east side. Grosse Pointe, but I'm willing to drive 20 minutes or so.   
Looking for a good chiro in SE MI for pelvic/alignment issues.  I'm 5 months pg right now and I'm pretty sure my pelvis played a role in my cs the first time around.   Anyone have a good experience with a DC, especially if you had pelvic issues?    
Forgot to add: when I did take his temp a little while ago, it was 104.1 rectally.  He's been very upset, crying about his leg hurting, and generally just a dishrag on my lap....
I took my 2 yr old ds to his well baby today and planned on getting his first dose of hib.  He did a delayed schedule of dtap and delayed of pc.  We only do one vax at a time, spread far apart.   Today, while going through the apt, I kind of noticed that he felt a bit warm.  But he's not sick very often, and had the tummy flu about a week and a half ago. It didn't really dawn on me that he might be getting sick.  I asked the doc to take his temp, and she agreed, but...
Mama, check out Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital. The midwives there do vbacs, but have some different rules than a lot of the other hospitals around. They do not require continuous fetal monitoring (barring other complications) and have a midwife with you for the duration of your birth.     Best wishes for your vbac!