or Connect

Posts by Serenyd

I'm so glad for you! Wonderful news! 
Why did they have their thyroids removed? That is usually only done in hyperthyroidism. That where your thyroid produces TOO MUCH thyroid hormone. Thyroid hormone and TSH have an inverse relationship, TSH goes down when thyroid hormone is high. TSH stands for thyroid stimulating hormone - it is produced by the pituitary gland and is messenger hormone that tells the thyroid what to do (make more thyroid hormones or make less). You don't need to be on Armour (desiccated...
From http://thyroid.about.com/od/hormonepregnantmenopause1/a/tshbytrimester.htm Normal TSH Levels DURING PREGNANCY According to research, during a normal pregnancy, the following are the TSH normal ranges for an iodine-sufficient population without autoimmune antibodies... First Trimester: 0.24 - 2.99 Second Trimester: .46-2.95 Third Trimester: .43 - 2.78
Do you have a history of hypothyroidism? Your test results show that you are a little hyper, maybe over-medicated a bit (maybe not, I read it is better to be a little hyper in pregnancy and also depends on how you feel). You really need to have Free T4 and T3 levels checked to tell if you are where you need to be. I've read that T4 and especially T3 need to be in the upper 1/3 of the range for pregnancy. These ladies have been helpful to...
So sorry for your loss, morningtide.
There are basically 2 camps, like you said, some doctors believe that low progesterone is a sign of an unhealthy pregnancy and some believe that supplementing with progesterone can help save a pregnancy. Progesterone is produced by the corpus luteum in early pregnancy ("yellow body") and this is part of the egg that hangs around after fertilization to help support the pregnancy. You need a progesterone >10 to stay pregnant. I did a lot of research after my m/c, and I...
Just the thought of waiting until birth to find out the sex makes me feel panicky and unprepared. With my DD I had her first year's worth of clothing already purchased and sorted by month before she was born. I don't really see the point in waiting. I'm going to have an anatomy scan anyway, might as well find out the sex. With DD my doctor told me he was 90% sure it was a girl at the 12 week ultrasound. Maybe we'll find out that early again. 
Congrats organicpapayamama!
So sorry Alyssa. Take care of yourself. 
organicpapayamama - looks good to me!