or Connect

Posts by HidaShara

I could probably find my answer out there somewhere if my Google-fu was perfect, but as it is I'm just not sure how to phrase this as a question...   Last week I saw my midwife for my 6-week pp appointment.  She took a look inside the baby's mouth and told me she thinks the little one has Thrush.  I had thought it was only "milk tongue" but it *was* really thick, and doesn't wipe off.  And, once it was brought up, I reflected that yes, I was feeling itchy/burning in...
Girl! Just to keep up the pattern here. ;)
Obviously every baby's case is different, but DD1 was a lot like this - nursed ALL the time, and threw up a TONNE, everywhere.  DD2 nurses just as much... but doesn't spit up.  Some very young babies just have under-developed stomachs - the little "flap" at the top isn't very strong and a lot comes back out, especially if you aren't super-dilligent about burping.  We used to have to keep DD1 "upright" almost all the time.  "Don't spill the baby" was a running gag.  I...
  I'm taking advantage of this one's mellow-ness to learn to put the kid down! :D  DD1 was so clingy - and still is - that I don't think I can afford to have another like her.  I mean, we'll see how DD2 turns out, but if I can have at least ONE kid who doesn't need to be nursed to sleep/nap every day for 2 years I'd be thrilled.   DD2 doesn't seem to need to comfort nurse, so I either hold her in burp position until she's asleep, or else put her down somewhere where she...
Is it too early to say my baby is really boring? Lol... DD2 is 2 weeks old and all she does is sleep! I don't know if I'm misremembering DD1, but I remember her newborn days being a marathon of nursing and alertness. But not this kid, man. She is awake and alert maybe 4h a day (twice for about 2h each time). The rest of the time she's sleeping or just awake enough to nurse for 5-10 minutes with her eyes closed before dozing off again. She's gaining weight wonderfully and I...
Put me in the "rough PP recovery boat", though not as rough as some mammas, I bet!  I had a 2nd degree tear during delivery and didn't heed my midwife's instructions to "relax and don't sit crosslegged".  By my 5 day appointment it turns out I'd torn out a bunch of the stitches.  So I've been on bedrest for the 5 days since then, hoping the tissues will heal properly *without* the stitching - if they don't, I have to do a consult with an OB, get re-cut, and stitched up...
I learned the first time around that my DH is useless at these things! Problem is he has no notion of how much work there is to do, or that I do.  He thinks he's helping, bless his heart, though he's actually doing the bare minimum.  He spent all weekend playing video games and complaining about how tired he is (he's only getting 7h of sleep at night - awww, muffin! ) and when I made some joke about him doing nothing, he was totally offended because he'd "done the...
Oh my goodness, I need this thread! I am also dealing with a difficult, high-needs 3 year old and a newborn, and like you I found I was just becoming a very angry, unreasonable mom to her. DD1 is very sensitive, and things were spiraling out of control very quickly. The first thing DH and I decided was that I could no longer be DD1's disciplinarian. She is DH's responsibioity now, as I can't be counted on to deal with her rationally. She also caught on quickly to the...
... and I hope she sleeps long enough for me to post this. ;)   I had my 39 week midwife appointment on Monday the 18th, and my midwife, seeing I was sleeping poorly, miserable, hot and measuring ahead, offered to do a stretch & sweep to see if we could get things going.  She didn't have to ask twice - I was DONE.  So she did a little internal and found I was 2-3cm dilated and 60% effaced anyway, so sweep she did.   Other than a lot of mucus and bloody show, it...
Congratulations!!!  He's beautiful - can't wait for the story. :)