or Connect

Posts by AKmoose

You are truly an inspiration, Caitlyn. Your daughters are very lucky to have you as their mama. Thank you for sharing your story with us all 
Oh, I agree - that link is a CNM practice and they are doing things that I wouldn't be (IV, intubation, etc), but I liked that they showed what they use, and how they organize their supplies :)   Cascade is a good one, but they are really expensive...I'll check those other two - thanks!    
I am just starting to gather my supplies to begin my own practice; hoping some experienced midwives could pass on favorite links and/or brands and/or types of supplies they carry to births...everything from which herbals to which clamps and scissors (esp umbilical, but also curious about *just in case of life-saving emergency* episiotomy scissors) and which brand of BVM is best for the price...any suggestions? Thanks in advance!   Also, if you happen to have a link...
My second baby was an in-Iowa, home-born, medicaid-paid baby :) Sadly the birth center with the CNMs we used has since closed, but if you can find a similar set up, it is definitely possible...I don't live in Iowa any more, but I know Kathy Deol in Iowa City is a CNM doing home births; dont' know if she is a medicaid provider though...
We use mostly reusable baggies at home, but could definitely use a couple new ones, and I'd love to try this brand!  
Wow - your end result is simply amazing! I know I don't have the patience...but honestly, beautiful
Thanks - I finally found it on google...Jan 2004 So I take it there's not an online "search by topic" through old issues...bummer...
...but when I search nothing shows up! I have tons of old issues, but was hoping to get the year/issue number to ease my search. Any tips? Or do you happen to know where it is? Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by GenomicsGirl I just voted in your poll - I chose Graham and Maeve! Hey, me too
My comments are within the multi-quotes... Quote: Originally Posted by Spring Sun Olive Adaline. I really like it . Quote: Originally Posted by BeagleMommy Well, I'll jump in to be brutalized We have a Dutch last name that sounds German to many. It ends in an a DD is Ruth Evelyn for my grandmother. My dd2 is Evelyn Ruth girls- I think they're all OK...I like Martha and Pearl the least Martha (dh's...