or Connect

Posts by gatorsmom

Um, how do I do this? Let me back up. I've successfully bf my first 2 boys til they were 10 months old. And now I"m bfing my twins successfully. Their weight checks show them to be doing very well. But I'm not sure how long I want to do this. They are almost 3 months old and nurse still every 2 - 2.5 hours. I nurse them at the same time which is easier on me. This means they each get a breast. But only one breast. That's probably why they nurse so frequently still. Since...
We are in the same boat you are. Had 2 boys, tried for a third baby and ended up with 3 and 4. Most of our friends had happy reactions for us knowing how I'd always wanted many children. I found that the people who weren't so nice were the ones I suspect were envious. One of the moms had 2 boys -10 and 12 yrs old-and had commented once that it would have been fun to have a girl. Her husband was fixed, however, so that was happening. When she found out I was pregnant...
At about 7 months I was dying for a support belt. I ordered a medela from the JCPenney maternity catalog. Toward the end of my pregnancy I was wearing it and a pair of yoga pants with a wide, under-the-belly band that helped feel better. Yes, I definitely needed that support belt. And after you deliver you may need a support belt. They gave me one in the hospital that I used for a few days. It helped tremendously.
I have an Mountain Buggy Urban Double which I used for my first 2 boys. I love that stroller to pieces!!! It steers like a dream no matter how much weight is in it and can easily be loaded down with shopping bags, extra kids and anything else you can pile on it. However, since the twins arrived, I wanted a stroller that could accommodate all my kids since they still all like being in the stroller (and frankly, I like the possibility of keeping them all contained at...
I just wanted to say hi and what a relief it is to see other moms talking about twins and other multiples! I don't know another mom IRL with twins and am constantly coming up with questions that no one can help me with. It's nice to see that there probably isn't a question that someone here can't answer! Our story in a nutshell- we have a 4 year old and 2 yr old boys. We decide to try for a girl- but instead got a twins pregnancy with a boy and a girl!! So, I am a...