or Connect

Posts by NotAMama

IMO, honesty is the most important part of a relationship, and you need to decide if your BF would appreciate and forgive this level of dishonesty. If you are so sure he wouldn't mind and would be thrilled, then just be honest with him and tell him your feelings and discuss it, so the two of you can decide to become parents TOGETHER. I know someone who was "oopsed"....like you she thought he would be thrilled once the baby was here and they would live happily ever...
Well, I am childless, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But I am an older sibling who watched her younger brother get away with murder and even still I feel resentment toward him at times (seems like at times he STILL gets away with murder!). To me, the younger sister does not sound in the least bit sorry for what she did. In fact, if anything, she is getting rewarded for breaking the guitar by not having to share the tv or turn down her music. Right now,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Whistler My hubby grew up in the country on a farm. With plenty of space. After we married we lived in trailers for many years in dumpy trailer parks where there was never enough parking and everyone parked any ol' place they could find. So this year we finally buy a charming house right in town. I don't think Hubby has ever lived right in town (I have) and doesn't realize the "rules" like using your neighbor's driveway. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigeyes yes and yes, I'm pretty sure you have at least a boy coming. Thank yoou for your time and help
I don't post often..but I wondered if you might help with some questions if you are still taking them. 1) Will my husband make a big stink about me divorcing him, or will he just let it happen 2)Will I ever love/be loved again (i mean, of course, romantically/marriage) 3)Will I ever have a child?
I WISH pot had helped my anxiety. The times I tried it, it heightened my anxiety to the point where I had nightmares and was shaky for days, three or four times it actually sent me spinning into panic attacks so severe I couldn't breathe and passed out. And pot may not be physically addicting, but it most certainly psychologically addicting for some...my stbx-husband is one. If he had his nightly two or three bowls, he was fine. Times when he had no money to buy...
Thank you. And I apologize too if I overreacted. Needless to say, i am still a little raw and coming to terms with the fact my friends' children may be the only children in my life. You asked what I could do without mom there that I couldn't do with her there. Well . . . I cried. As I held that sleeping baby and breathed in the scent of her sweet head and touched her soft little hands, I cried and I grieved my lost chance in a way I couldn't do in front of anyone...
Quote: Originally Posted by kalamos23 I wonder why people are so eager to spend "alone" time with the babies... what can't they do in front of us that they want to do with the baby by themself? Just wondering. As a childless woman who absolutely adores without reservation the children of my friends and family, who would gladly walk in front of a train for them, who would never ever dream of doing ANYTHING to hurt them . . . I always find this...
I know i only ever posted an introduction in the intro thread (I lost internet soon after that). But a sonogram yesterday showed there was no baby -- just a blighted ovum. Since i was 9supposed to be) 7 weeks and since it showed no real indication of miscarrying naturally anytime soon, my dr. did a D&C on me (I am extremely prone to infection and she wanted to prevent that). my heart is broken. So, even though i never really posted, i wanted to let you guys know. ...
Name: Amy EDD: app. 6/19/09 Other children and their ages: None Hometown/state/province: Jacksonville, FL Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): WOH for the city Birth plans: No clue Thoughts about this pregnancy: I am terrified. I just did a home pregnancy test about 3 hours ago and it came back positive. I am in the process of a divorce and the baby's father is a FWB -- not even a boyfriend. I am starting a brand new job tomorrow (Monday,...