or Connect

Posts by Fellow Traveler

How's your boy doing today?
Quote: Originally Posted by msmiranda Has this ever happened to anyone else? He looked at me like it was my fault that my son has a UTI because we didn't circumcise him at birth. I am so incensed I don't know what to do. I told him in no uncertain terms that there was no way in hell I would consider doing that for a UTI that can be treated with antibiotics. He said that boys shouldn't get UTIs at all, and the only reason he got it is because he is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Guadalupe He has never had a fever with it. I did not notice a smell, but I didn't actively smell it, either. I will keep up the baths, and have had some essential oils recommended to try in his bath and as a wash, as well as a natural antiseptic cream. These things will be ok won't they? An infection would have had a nauseating rotting smell to it, otherwise it's smegma discharging which occurs primarily when a boy's...
I have bumped up our soreness thread so that you can give it a read, you might find some ideas in there. Quote: Originally Posted by Guadalupe his first infection I didn't even know what the problem was. I thought something terrible had happened. He was screaming and would collapse when he tried to walk and would kind of climb up me like he was trying to get away from the lower half of his body. I took him to the Dr and he didn't retract his foreskin,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Guadalupe I guess the Dr is assuming there is an infection andd the swab just didn't pick it up. He also said there was no yeast growth. If there is no infection, then what causes for pain could there be? He spent the night grabbing at his nappy and writhing around kicking his legs complaining "bottom hurts". I am using disposables. I can't get the link until I am home but sometimes intact boys go through periods...
Quote: Originally Posted by Guadalupe My 2yr old is having a problem with recurring infections under his foreskin. It has been a problem for about 6mths. One one occasion he was in too much pain to walk, and on another occasion he had a thick pussy discharge. He was complaining of pain a few weeks ago but with no discharge, just a slight redness. I took him to the Dr and he did a swab and put him on oral and topical antibiotics again. The swab showed no...
Quote: Originally Posted by So-Called Will it stop because of legislation? Litigation? Decreasing popularity? Will it go out with a whimper or a bang? When will we reach the tipping point (and what is that tipping point) where circumcising is no longer considered normal and OK? I think there are a number of ways it could play out, but that it will happen. I would love to hear everyone's ideas on what they think is the most likely scenario. It...
Great reply send it.
Quote: Originally Posted by ThatLinGirl Wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone has any thoughts on this new study. I'll be interested to see some better peer review but I want to have a response.. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20728178 Well, the appropriate response would be that this group of boys (those studied) had high grade primary vesicoureteral reflux, a congenital anomaly of the urinary tract. It changes the calculus quite a...