or Connect

Posts by Fellow Traveler

Go to: http://www.circumstitions.com/ In the upper right hand corner under the title "The Foreskin" there is a link to a gallery that has plenty of examples and shows much variation that can be expected.
Quote: Originally Posted by Norasmomma This has got to be one of the most ridiculous arguments for circ out there. I think I should go get DD breast implants because guys like big boobs....I mean that is how stupid this sounds. Truth be told, more boys are left intact than cut these days, so more than likely this won't even be an issue, and by golly if my son got involved with a chick who thought his natural body was gross, she's gonna have one mad...
Quote: Originally Posted by EPLisa Thank you for the feedback, everyone. Em, thank you for sharing the article! I am the author of the article, and I am definitely not pro-circ. I am the mother of two little boys (ages 7 and 5) who were not circumcised. When I was pregnant with my oldest son, I searched the internet and asked everyone I could about the pros and cons of circumcision. I had a lot of strong opinions and misinformation to wade through, but...
http://www.racp.edu.au/index.cfm?obj...6C86100E4E3E8E
Quote: Originally Posted by Mackenzie Well, this was 10.5 years ago... And I don't advocate for vaccination either Which is fine but imfind it ironic that medical professionals would make such a claim when we know there are other options that the individual can choose from down the road. I am certain that once there is an HIV vaccine and it is all but eliminated from the population we'll still be hearing about circumcising for that too.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mackenzie I got that from the nurse in the hospital when I had my first son. I got the "he can give her cervial cancer" line repeatedly. I just while inside... He can get a vaccine for that if he or she wants it. Or choose any other option to avoid cervical cancer which may also be available. Is what I would have told them.
Quote: Originally Posted by alicia9178 So now everyone is stating that girls are going to be mortified to see an uncircumcized penis. Any other excuses people can give me? How about not doing it for the sake of his wife. Have you mentioned to these folks that the US is the only industrialized country where circumcision is even common? What do they have to say about that?
Quote: Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X Those % are all circs performed for both medical and personal reasons. They didnt distinguish between the two. So some would have been for reasons of conversion some for personal just wanting it done for X reason and some for what they consider medical reasons including phimosis (which can be fixed without circ) and chronic infections which also if treated properly can be fixed without circ. What I am trying...
Quote: Originally Posted by Galatea Sounds like a cultural anthropologist - took me back to college days! Far above the average person's head, especially if you tried to use it in an online debate where someone is claiming that "FGM is so much worse." I like it, though. I think though the arguments can be distiled down for use in a debate. It will just take some time to do that, I'll be reading it at least a few times myself just to get a good...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pumpkinheadmommy Both links work for me. I'm using Firefox but it worked for me in IE too. I think the issue Pumpkin is that some may not have the most current version (if any) of adobe acrobat. I am a bit surprised though that it doesn't go out and seek acrobat if it isn't installed. In any case those who want to look into installing it can go here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/ Pick the correct version and install...