or Connect

Posts by ashleedio

Where did you hear that they're not changing the info? No one has gotten back to me yet.
I posted on fb and now there are a swarm of other moms posting about it and asking for others to contact the editors as well. If you could take a moment to inform them of how incredibly wrong their information was, I'm sure there will be lots of grateful little boys out there. If you can't find the link (it's at the bottom under customer service, contact us), you can PM me and I'll send it to you. The more I think about this, the more my blood boils.
This is what I sent them: I am beyond upset with what I just read in Babytalk magazine. In March's issue, on page 50, there is advice to retract an intact boy's foreskin and cleanse it thoroughly. If anyone at your magazine had ANY information at ALL on intact care, you should know that you NEVER, NEVER, NEVER retract a foreskin - EVER. It is adhered to the penis, and will retract on its own, in time. It gets cleansed by wiping from base to tip, but NEVER by wiping...
I have a subscription (I don't know how... Motherhood Maternity must have signed me up) for BabyTalk magazine. I was browsing through it today while eating lunch (March's issue) and on page 50, it says "if he is uncircumcised, it is important to gently tug back his foreskin and cleanse thoroughly." I'm emailing the magazine's editor, but I cringe to think of how many babies might be retracted between now and when they (or IF they) print a retraction in the next...
I had forgotten to come back and update - that's actually exactly who we've switched to! He's wonderful!
As a followup to my last post here about the drs in my ped group "looking for the opening." I decided that it's not the group for me (don't even get me started on their stance on vax's), and I set up a "meet the dr" with a dr that came recommended by my LC, whom she said a lot of LLL moms go to (right there, that says to me that he's more my speed - I was also told that he's okay with delayed and selective vax'ing). The appointment will be a 30 minutes q and a with him,...
I'm definitely looking for a new group - the more and more I think about it, the angrier I get. It really bums me out - they're totally pro-bf'ing and have fantastic LCs that I've been working with.
I take my kids to Pediatric Alliance (Pleasant Hills/Squirrel Hill offices), and I really loved the group when I started taking my daughter. However, recently, I've become rather uncomfortable with the misinformation they're giving me regarding my intact son, and their attempts at retracting him. I'm looking for a foreskin friendly pediatrician, and one that accepts UPMC for You (until my dh finds another job, at least). Can anyone help me out?
Thank you for all of your advice. We have an appointment tomorrow to check the dosage on his Zantac, and I will be insisting that the diaper remain on. My printer is out of ink, unfortunately, but I will be suggesting that they refer to the nocirc site or the aap guidelines if they make some kind of comment about it. In the meantime, I'm likely going to look for a new ped - I do love the group, they've been wonderful with my daughter, but I can't be afraid that they'll...
My kids go to a group of peds that I really liked... until... at my son's 2 month appointment, I watched in horror as the dr began to try and retract him and I SCREAMED "DO NOT RETRACT HIM!" as I lunged forward towards the dr. He froze and was taken quite by surprise and said, "I would never do that! I was just looking at the opening!" I couldn't think on my feet quickly enough to say "That IS retraction, and there's no medical need to see the ureter." I just got my...