or Connect

Posts by beachmommy5

I've recently found myself in a similar blended situation, although mine is the opposite of yours as I am the one with the kiddos.    If you and your dh communicate well, I'd start by talking to him and telling him why you feel resentful, what actions make you feel unloving, and what you would like to see changed to bring a little more positivity to the family dynamic. Certainly cooking together and going on outings as a family is a positive thing, although if he is...
Thanks for all your support! It is wonderful to be able to reach out on Mothering and get feedback.   As every divorced parent knows, it's a disappointing to trade the misery of being in a bad relationship for the misery of seeing the impact of the split on your kids. I just worry that I'm putting my feelings of "I want to care for my own children like always, and I'll miss them!" ahead of what's truly in their best interest, although I do believe that being cared...
After 9 years of marriage, I made the decision to end things to give myself and my children the chance to get away from the stress and turmoil of mine and stbx's dysfunction. I have an 8yo, 4yo and a 2yo with stbx. Stbx sees the kids two evenings a week and one overnight at this point. He wants to do a split alternating week schedule where we would each have them for the entire week every other week. Although I don't think this is a bad arrangement for many divorced...
I'd let my kids pick up a live worm, so a dead worm would be ok too, unless it was covered with maggots or something. Other dead (larger) animals I would probably encourage less touching and more hands off exploration.
My DH bought me a pair for Christmas. I would never spend that much on pants for myself (they do come with a t-shirt too) and he knows that, and that coupled with the fact that I live in pj pants made him think they would be perfect for me. It was very sweet.   Overall I like them, they are a little less comfortable than regular pj pants, they have a drawstring but not elastic in the waist, and more comfortable than "real" pants. I don't think they look like real...
I had originally planned on giving each older kid 5 presents total (3 under the tree, one "big" present from santa plus a stocking) but dh picked out one extra thing for each older kid, I went half on a more expensive toy for ds1 with my mom, and I remembered some farm animals and accessories I had put away for dd.   So we are up to seven total for each older kid and just a stocking with bath toys for ds2 (4 month olds only need so much right?)   The standard is...
My 5 year old loves to make stop motion movies with legos and other toys, we use windows movie maker, it came with the computer. It is pretty simple to add music to the movie and you could add dialogue although we have not gotten that ambitious yet!
This site http://www.consumerismcommentary.com/rates/ is a good place to compare rates at most major banks that have online savings. Rates are low across the board, less than half of what they were two years ago. I opened an account with Etrade a couple of years ago when rates were high, they are abysmal now but I'm hoping eventually they will rise across the board again, plus I'm two lazy to chase the rates since my account is a long term savings account.
I can totally relate, we have two large lab mixes who are constantly hitting the kids, furniture, knocking things over with their tails. DH and I joke about docking their tails every time they hit something or someone (we would never actually do it) but aside from that I have not figured out a way to keep them from occasionally slapping DD or DS in the head. I know trying to teach our dogs not to wag wouldn't work and they are relatively smart and know quite a few...
Quote: Originally Posted by Evan&Anna's_Mom DS: So why don't you and Dad do sex? Me: We do, which is why you should knock when the door is closed as night. DS: Do you like it? Me (deeply regretting my promise to answer questions and turning purple): Yes DS: So I have one more question, and it might be really hard. Me (thinking, ()&*& They get harder than the last one?): OK, shoot. DS: If Pluto isn't a planet anymore, how come it still revolves...