or Connect

Posts by zippy_francis

Question: I am looking into natural family planning as a form of birth control and need some good books to read up on and just some advice/been there done that sort of things.   I have been on several other forms of bc and they all end up either making me gain weight or incredibly emotional and I have just given up on them. I briefly considered IUD but with the risk of permantely making me infertile I am just too paranoid to really go that route at this time. DH and...
Pretty much all my reasons too. I would also add the fact that the $$$$ involved to push these vax is sick to me.
Mine drink 99% of the time water. Occassoinaly they have rice milk or skim milk. They NEVER get soda, period. Every now and then they have UNsweetened tea (decaffinated) or some juice. We prefer the Vfusion that is reduced sugar and we water it down alot! They might have an apple juice box if we are out and in a pinch. We dont get koolaid or capri suns or anything like that at the store for them, I dont think they have ever had it. I personally think those things are...
This is just ridiculous!   What she said!   The people I have known that get these 'vax preventable' illnesses are the ones who vax!
HA! I love it. You said exactly what I was thinking. Apparently people dont mind JUDGING others based on a shirt. I think I have read 'terrible person', 'terrible parent', and 'jackass' many times throughout.   On a kid I think it is a bit inappropriate, but on an adult. WHO CARES?! Obviously if they are sitting at chuckie cheese or church I might wonder WTH? But really it is their perogative. Truthfully I get more bothered by people who wear the REBEL flag on their...
Thanks for the links, and my thoughts exactly!    
 I laughed too. I dont think racial things are appropriate but otherwise, who cares. I think sometimes it is immature or childish but again, who cares. My hubby has a shirt with stick figures of a husband and wife and it says 'game over'. I guess some people might be offended but I am not (and it should only matter to me as I am his wife), I know it is just funny. He loves being married and doesnt believe it is 'game over. And we love seeing peoples reactions...     Why...
My DD1 has been to the ER twice, once when she was about 16 mo old for seizures due to high fever from the flu and once about a year ago for stitches in her ear from an injury at the park. For the record she was vaxed up to 4 months and then I stopped. And we have ZERO intentions of giving any more to her, or any to our DD2. We live in Texas also. For the first ER visit I believe when they asked we said no, but I dont remember for sure if we were even asked. Obviously...
  Love this! My first and ONLY confrontation with my DD1 pedi when she was a baby went very similar. Except doc said 'my medical advice is blah blah blah' (you know the spiel) and my response was 'correct, that is your ADVICE, and on the topic of vax I am choosing NOT to take your advice' we changed docs to a no-vax friendly one and it hasnt been an issue since. Although, I am sure I come across as very confrontational about the issue also. I dont care really, I have...
DD1 was vaxed to 6mo old and then I stopped all vax. DD2 is completely vax free. I was nervous at first, although I had done all the research but as illnesses (even rare ones) come and go for other children in our lives and my kids remain healthy I know I have made the right choice for us. It is hard not to be nervous when you are the minority. Even when we were faced with the possibilty of getting measles, chicken pox, flu, pertussis, tetnus (after being exposed to...