or Connect

Posts by ChinaDoll

that - I didn't really start limiting in public until around age 3. It  is a great time to start thinking about your personal limits, though, and to start introducing some gentle nursing manners for your little one.
DD chose to move to her own bed around 4.5 years old   DS didn't stop sleeping with us (or at least coming to our bed halfway through the night) until sometime between 5.5-6 years of age.
Quote: Originally Posted by TiredX2 I can safely say that both of mine were nursing 10+/24 hours at 18 months me too - we saw a huge resurgence of nursing interest between 14-20 months here ...
My DH is a minister with a flexible schedule, so for doctor/dentist visits, I plan them for first thing in the morning and he stays home/goes in to work late. Weekly grocery shopping gets done while the kids are at martial arts class on Thursdays. Everything else is done with kids in tow.
Quote: Originally Posted by nikwik I'm trying to remember where it was that I saw the article (it may have even been a handout from the hospital, dunno), but I remember reading that baby's tummy is VERY small. As in, giving them 1 ounce at birth would overfill them. That gradually grows as the baby gets larger, nurses more often, etc. I'll try to find it later today, but you can look it up for yourself, too it's a LLL...
Quote: Originally Posted by dakotablue Do you nurse Both at the same time? Everytime? I did sometimes nurse them together, but sometimes just one or the other. It was about 50-50 for us. Quote: Will your toddler start nursing for longer? Mine did - she was 12 months old when I got pregnant so only 20.5 months when DS was born. She had dropped to 3-4 nursings during the daytime but quickly picked up when she realized the...
Quote: Originally Posted by LemonPie Check out Math Mammoth: http://www.mathmammoth.com/ It's been a really good fit for us. we LOVE Math Mammoth - we've used Singapore with success but it's cumbersome with all the books. We like MUS, and use it to supplement, but we LOVE MM!
I took Zoloft throughout my 2nd pregnancy. He and I were both perfectly healthy throughout the pregnancy. He had no trouble breathing at birth, no heart trouble, no trouble nursing. My OB was comfortable with my taking it; his own wife took it through her pregnancy. He's 6 years old now, and has always been in perfect health. I can't tell you what to do for you, but that's what I did and I don't regret it at ALL - I did still experience some PPD after his birth, but not...
12 months for DD - seriously. Every time we tried to wean her off it (from 5 months onward) she would.not.sleep. So we swaddled. One evening at 12 months old, she fell asleep next to me in bed - seriously the first time she fell asleep on her own EVER, and since then, she's been ok without it. 2 weeks for DS; he slept well without it and got angry when swaddled (DD calmed INSTANTLY with it).
Quote: Originally Posted by 425lisamarie Have you checked out math mammoth? Her worksheets are FABULOUS. not only do they read 1 + 3 = 4, but gets them thinking backwards and forwards by one missing number, writting a sentence that equals 4, etc. I highly recommend it. She has tons of sample pages, and it's CHEAP. I was kind of shocked how good it is, cheap,and how much DS loves math I highly, highly, highly recommend Math Mammoth for...